Made it to Friday....

This week has been a blur.... crashing into bed exhausted every night and waking up running when my feet hit the floor in the morning. It has just been a crazy busy week. But I made it to Friday! HOORAY!

Some of the highlights of this week....

My dear husband has worked many, many hours (almost double his normal schedule) as the local little league has their tournaments and Bill has to cover every single game per his editor's orders. He is responsible for 16-18 feature stories this week alone! There was one night where he didn't get home until close to 1AM and then had to be back to work at 6:30AM to do it all over again. He has had a really rough week (actually the last few months) and is trying to send out resumes  to find something different but it is hard.

So I have been doing all the kid stuff and running my tutoring business, and trying to keep the house clean as our landlord has decided that all his houses need an inspection that is supposed to happen sometime this week or next. Just another layer of stress.

The kids are picking up on the stress level, and so they have been acting out. Knitpicking each other and just not listening and getting into trouble more. I actually cancelled a library trip because they couldn't stop fighting and I had just had enough.

We have had extra doctor appointments this week. Ben had to go to the dentist to have his Kindergarten admission papers filled out. He screamed and cried each time I brought it up. Bill actually took him as I was tutoring, and said they almost had to send him to a specialist because he refused to let them look at his teeth. Finally, they had the dentist come in and in a last ditch effort, the dentist was able to get him to open his mouth and get the exam done. Then, we had to take Jacob in for a weight check for his ADHD medications.

Add in Vacation Bible School this week in the evenings and our evening schedules have been off. Typically we eat dinner around 6, well VBS is at 6 so we have to eat at 5. Just changes things up.

Thankfully, I have been able to get in a few much needed walks/catch-ups with a good friend as her daughters are in VBS as well and since Bill has been working. We walked 3.26 miles on Monday, 4.75 miles on Wednesday, and 1.94 mile hike (mostly uphill) yesterday. It felt good to get out and walk and we totally get each other and understand each other so it was good for the soul.

Today, I decided to wait until tonight to go to the grocery store while the kids are at VBS. It is raining pretty heavily right now at the moment, so seems like a good choice. I am also taking a moment to just sit and write this up. Now I need to go get lunch and figure out what I need from the grocery store tonight.

             I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!


  1. Yay! You survived your week!!

    1. Yep! And tonight was the kids' VBS show so that is now off my list as well!

  2. Glad you made it through. Some weeks are just more trying than others. I can remember going to the grocery store at 2 am because I could shop faster and everyone at home was fast asleep.

  3. Yowza, I'm exhausted just reading this post! Your poor hubby working such long hours, That's crazy! And a house inspection? All that organizing and decluttering you've been doing will hopefully pay off now.

  4. That's a lot of extra to fit in a week. Well done on the walking-I'm not up to that kind of mileage but it's so good as a stress reliever.

  5. That's a lot of extra to fit in a week. Well done on the walking-I'm not up to that kind of mileage but it's so good as a stress reliever.

  6. I thought things were supposed to slow down in the summer! Glad you're out walking - that will help your stress!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill's job saga the last 2 months

Green Giant Steamers (and a GIVEAWAY!)

I met Sluggy!