Friday, August 18, 2017

1st day of Kindergarten, 2nd Grade, and 5th Grade

***Meant to post this yesterday but we have been having off and on internet outages and it was too annoying to try to deal with yesterday. 

Thursday morning was back to school for our area schools. My kids' school was no exception. This year all 3 kiddos will be in the same school with the same schedule. 


So Thursday morning found us taking Rebecca in early for Safety Patrol. Rebecca is starting 5th Grade.



It also saw us taking Jacob in for his first day of 2nd grade.


Benjamin in for his first day of Kindergarten. 


The kids were so excited to start school. Ben said he was excited, then he was nervous. 




When it was time to leave Benjamin in line with the other Kindergartners, Ben began to cry and gave us extra hugs. His teacher though was great and asked him to be her helper and calmed him down. I heard from his former OT that she saw him during the day in the hallway and he was all smiles. 

After we left the kiddos, I will admit that I broke down in tears in the van. It is emotional when it is your baby starting Kindergarten and you know that there will be no more babies. Bill told me there was a mom in the car next to us who was also crying. After we left the school, I treated us to a donut from Tim Horton's. I will admit that the day seemed so strange and quiet with no kids home. 

After school, they all said that they had good days! I am so blessed with 3 kiddos who love school and look forward to it! 


4 comments:

  1. You'll have many "last firsts." When the last baby starts school, life changes for parents, not in a bad way, just changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think parents cry more than the kids! On the one or two days that Kazi cried when I left her I called a half hour later and she was always busy playing so I needn't have worried but of course that's what parents do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How grown up your Rebecca looks. So sweet of a picture. We just drove 4 hours to drop off my baby to his third year of college last Sunday. I remember the feeling of how quiet the house is. Enjoy the time alone. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEVER had all three of mine in the same school! I cried when the last went to kindergarten, even after I came back home. It was a sad day.

    ReplyDelete