Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I met Sluggy!

On Monday, I had the privilege to meet a fellow blogger. I got to meet "Sluggy" from DON'T READ THIS; IT'S BORING!. She and her hubby were gracious enough to come visit me, Bill and the kids in our town as they were heading back toward their home at the end of their month long, cross country road trip.


She is as genuine and wonderful in person as she is on her blog. My kids loved her and Ben told me that he missed her when she left!


We had a lovely visit and I got to hear several funny stories from their road trip and from her life. We treated Sluggy and Dan to a home-cooked lunch--- pasta bake, garlic bread and green beans.

After lunch, Sluggy gave us some treats....including shampoo from her toiletry stash and her homemade relish for my hubby. She also gave us a lightbulb from one of her stops in Idaho! She also gave me 2 books that I look forward to reading.


She also blessed the kids with some fun treats that she had picked up for them on her travels! They were so excited. She also got them each a couple of pencils from her travels-- of which Rebecca immediately put hers in her pencil case to take to back to school night.


All too soon, it was time to say goodbye and wish them safe travels on the remainder of their trip. I so enjoyed meeting them and feel blessed to be a small part of their trip.

I do enjoy meeting and interacting with my fellow bloggers. If anyone is ever in Central Ohio and wants to meet up, just let me know and we can try to make it work!

Have you ever met another blogger? 

10 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite bloggers in one place!
    Sluggy looks to be almost as short as I am.
    It looks like you had fun! What a nice looking family you have, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. You are so sweet! We did have a nice visit. I am not sure as to Sluggy's height, but I am 5'11" so I am tall.

      Delete
  2. How neat! A fellow member on the now defunct AOL message boards and I have met in real life several times, more so now that we live in the same city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the 2nd online friend that I have met in the last 2 years. Last year I met a friend from Australia that I met originally in the FlyLady chat boards and friendship formed from there. Well, I guess if you really want to be technical she is the 3rd, as my hubby and I first met online. LOL

      Delete
  3. Are you tall or is Sluggy not? Bet she had some stories to tell about her trip. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tall. In fact one of her first comments to me was "You are so tall!" LOL I am 5'11". We did have a nice visit with lots of stories from her trip included.

      Delete
  4. I have only met sluggy. It was such a short visit but a thrill to me her and hubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweet person. We had a short visit as well, but in my opinion even a short visit is better than no visit at all. :)

      Delete
  5. Sluggy and her hubby came to visit us twice in AL and we visited them once while passing through PA where we used to live. We actually both lived in the same county before we moved south, but never met. You're lucky to have scored a big jar of her homemade relish. It's wonderful! She is always so very generous. Glad you got to meet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is crazy that you lived in the same county but never met. We haven't tried the relish yet, but soon! :)

      Delete