Tuesday, August 22, 2017

From "Mom Bun" to "Short and Sassy" (new haircut)

So for my birthday my mom told me that she was going to make me a hair appointment, after I mentioned that I was thinking about getting it cut. Well between life and the craziness that is getting ready for back to school, I finally had my appointment this past Friday.





Now here is the deal... as a busy mom, I tend to resort to throwing my hair up into a bun or what my dear hubby lovingly (or not) calls "the mom bun." I hate having to "do" my hair when it grows out. I have LOTS of hair-- it is very thick and even more thick. And unless I dry it and straighten it, then it is frizzy and just not nice looking. 



So I was looking for something different. Something that would give me a spark and remind me that I am not just mom, but that I am also Rachel. 

So at my appointment, the stylist, Abby was great. She recommended highlights and a shorter layered cut. I said sure, let's go for it. She cut off several inches before she did the highlights. 



After she got the hightlights washed out, she dried and straightened my hair. It was still a little long and she wanted to know if I wanted even more taken off. It was just even with my shoulders. I asked her to cut a little more off as I was afraid I would still put it in a ponytail each day because of the length. She agreed with me and took another inch off. Then she cut in the layers to get to the final product.... 


I love the final look! I think it looks cute and sassy! Every one that I have talked to has also loved the new look and that makes me feel good about myself! It is more work to keep it styled, but I am worth it. I will admit that yesterday I put it up in a ponytail, as the weather was HOT and I was working out and then spending time deep cleaning the boys' room and I was sweating like a pig. I plan on these types of days to be few and far between though (since I don't have many days where I stay at home and deep clean) and so I  will definitely be keeping this hairstyle up. No more "mom bun" for me in the near future. 

10 comments:

  1. Taking a few minutes to read blogs while Papa showers....Wow! Rachel! What a gorgeous cut! It really suits your face! You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! When you are busy, you can easily mix it up and use barettes, a headband, a scarf. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you are right. I found it is just long enough to pull back in a little ponytail when I go walking to keep the hair out of my face! LOL

      Delete
  3. It really suits you Rachel - I hope you keep it that way :)

    ReplyDelete