Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Food, Art Class, Call to Pray...

… otherwise known as Day 9 of "Extended Break" due to COVID-19. 

Today was the first day of Ohio's "Stay-at-home" order. My day started out as normal. Got my niece and nephew. Bill came home from work in a better disposition. His hours will be cut, but as of right now he still has a job. I think the stress just got a hold of him yesterday. 

One of the things I am trying to do is to make sure that I am eating regular meals. The other day I realized that I hadn't eaten at all and it was close to 2:30PM. Oops. So I am trying to make it in the forefront to eat something in the morning. This morning I got the boys started on their school work and then made myself some eggs around 10.


Ben was able to get his school work finished before lunch. Jacob had to finish his science and then submit all his written work online after lunch. Rebecca worked on her work independently. We took our daily walk to the boys' school to get their grab-n-go lunches and then headed back home for lunch. After lunch and Jacob completed his work, I turned on a YouTube art video for the boys and my niece and nephew. This was a draw along video posted by a semi-local art place.

 

I am still trying to figure out the art schedule for the boys' school. Last week they said it was optional; this week I saw that it is now mandatory for grades 3-5. I just didn't want to deal with it today. LOL So this YouTube video for the win. 



The kids loved it and I think I will try to find something like this for tomorrow as well. My niece and nephew took theirs home, to show my sister, before I was able to get a photo of their work. I think Jacob and Ben's turned out really cute. 



While the kids were doing "art class" I got a Misfit Markets delivery from FedEx. I decided to try them again as a way to get produce without having to go the grocery store. I figured I would try it out again after trying it last year. I am pleased to say that we got produce that we would use (except for turnips and beets which I sent home with my mom as she loves them.) This means this will be less that Bill has to look for when he goes to the store later this week. 



After Bill awoke for the day, I ended up falling asleep and taking a 2.5 hour nap. Apparently I needed the sleep. That means now I am not tired. LOL SO I am currently watching "The Aquarium" on Hulu (a show about the daily workings of the Georgia Aquarium). 

I will leave you with this. If you are a praying Christian I offer you the chance to join with Pope Francis tomorrow morning to pray for this pandemic and those affected by it. 


I hope if you are reading this that you have had a good Tuesday and are staying safe and healthy! 

4 comments:

  1. Besides eating, make sure you get enough sleep even if it is a nap. Those boxes of vegetables could be life-savers for people. I would get rid of the beets and turnips, too. I have an art site I will find and send to you, or maybe I will put it on my blog. I love their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look for that site that you posted on your blog. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Posted a comment to this on a previous post.

    ReplyDelete