Friday, March 20, 2020

Schoolwork and a broken washer...

...or otherwise known as Days 4-5 of "Extended Break" due to COVID-19!

Yesterday I hit a wall. I don't know... everything was making me stressed out. I know it is understandable but I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. The day time is easier as I have to be hands on with Ben, Jacob, Lacie and Ethan on getting their school work done. They keep me quite busy. 

The kids got their school work done and I felt a little better about how it went. I still want to get something set up so that I know what their passwords, etc are for all these educational sites that their teachers are using. 





In the afternoon, my mom came to pick up my niece and nephew. She surprised me with some bananas and some goldfish crackers for the kids. I have been having leg cramps at night and typically if I eat a banana they will go away. Well, I haven't been able to find any. She had to stop at Kroger before she came here and found them. :)


After my niece and nephew left, I laid down for an hour and scrolled through social media but couldn't really focus. Rebecca did a load of laundry and said that her clothes were sopping wet but she put them in the dryer anyway. I went to get them out of the dryer 2 hours later and they were still soaked. Ugh. The washer wasn't spinning. I finally thought I got the washer to work and was able to spin her clothes out before putting them back in the dryer to dry. I started another load of laundry before I went to bed. 

Overnight, I tossed and turned. I have been waking up around 4/4:30 each morning and not able to go back to sleep. This morning I was also awoken by thunder booms! We got about 3 hours of thunderstorms and heavy rains this morning, enough that areas south of us are experiencing roads buckling and being washed out. 

When I went down to switch the clothes to the dryer, I found the washer half full of water and not working at all. None of the lights were on and nothing worked. Crap. Our local appliance repair company was able to come out and diagnosed it as a fried control panel. Ughh. He ordered the part and hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. Expensive but still cheaper than buying a new washer.



Today we got school stuff done. Not really sure what else is going to be done. I need to clean house this weekend as this week has been focused on schooling as a priority. Guess I will get some stuff done since we won't be going anywhere! LOL

10 comments:

  1. I had a friend many years ago who put wet clothes into her dryer until she ruined the dryer and had to buy both. Hope things go better. The house cannot be that dirty. Hold a home ec class and teach the kids housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house just has lots of piles everywhere. We have a smaller house and now that the kids are home all day everyday things get pretty cluttered pretty quickly. Honestly today I just have taken the attitude that I am keeping my sanity and just relaxing. ;)

      Delete
  2. Ugh! No washer and kids home all day is not fun. Fingers crossed the repair works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that the part comes in sooner rather than later and they are able to get it fixed. I think I am going to my mom's house tomorrow to do a couple loads of clothes. I have been around her and my niece and nephew all week so it really isn't that different from social distancing.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are getting the washer fixed. It's a stressful time, remember to take care of you! One of the early educator groups (they do training for early education) I follow sends an e-mail every Friday reminding teachers to take time for themselves so they can be there for the kids. Play some peaceful music (it helps during school hours also) and take some deep breaths. Find something fun for you this weekend. You're doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. We have been playing Pandora everyday during school time :) I am trying to take care of me. Today I haven't done anything! Just relaxing and watching cartoons and more Legomasters with the kids. :)

      Delete
  4. I think we will all have days that feel worse than others. I hit a brick on Wednesday when I was getting four different directives on how to proceed with disbursement of funding, and then it got politicized and I wanted to scream. Hang in there, talk to friends, get fresh air, an dknow the bad days will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is hard for everyone. Just have to take it a day at a time.

      Delete
  5. Hi, your leg cramps (if cured by eating bananas) might be caused by low potassium. I am always taking a ton of potassium supplements ( Dr. ordered ). Bananas, orange juice, butternut squash, spinach and the such are all high in potassium, I make a smoothie out of all of them. The banana taste overpowers everything and if you can't take it looking a beautiful green keep out the spinach. Good luck with all, you are such a strong woman and family. I am inspired by your hard work and dedication to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is low potassium. Thanks for the kind words. :)

      Delete