Saturday, March 28, 2020

Thursday, Friday and Today...

...Otherwise known as days 11, 12 and 13 of this "Extended Break" due to COVID-19.

First off I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips on the mini peppers. I decided to slice them for the freezer and will use them in spaghetti sauce and crockpot meals that I make. 

I missed a couple of days of writing as I was just too tired at the end of the day. So let's recap...

THURSDAY:: This day went much better academically. I let Jacob have some choices as to the order that he did his work and that seemed to help him have a better attitude. Also the sun was out again so that helped. I did some stress baking--- 2 loaves of zucchini bread. Super Yummy. I gave my mom a loaf to take home when she came to pick up my niece and nephew. The kids got to play outside a lot and they ran races for a long time! 

Zucchini Bread

Jacob was trying to teach Ethan how to throw and catch a football.

Using the shadow line as the starting line for a race

Racing back
In other news, there has been a little bit of drama at Bill's work. His co-worker is refusing to cut his hours. (Bill is supposed to come early 2 days and his coworker is supposed to come home early the other 2 days). Well this man's wife called to complain about his hours being cut and all of a sudden he doesn't have to have his hours cut anymore. He told the boss that his wife was ticked off because they took away his Friday night shift completely. Here is my response: WHO FREAKING CARES?? Everyone is making sacrifices and they have no kids under the age of 18. Everyone is in this boat and everyone has to make sacrifices. If Bill gets laid off due to his coworker needing the hours I am going to be more the ticked off!! 

FRIDAY:: Yesterday both boys got done with their work before lunch time! Jacob had a couple of online quizzes /tests to take and Ben didn't have a lot of work for Friday. We did learn that on Monday I will be getting a Chromebook for Ben to do all his work on as 2nd grade in our district is going to all online work. I am not sure how this will work with Benjamin as he needs the paper and pencil practice. I guess I can always do paper and pencil activities with him. It figures we get into a routine and they switch it up. LOL

Yesterday was the last day I will have my niece and nephew for a while. My mom is a food service worker for the city schools. They are going on a 4 week schedule (work one week off 3 weeks) to lead the making and distributing of lunches. All classified staff are being called in to help during certain times as well. This was my mom's week to work and she is off the next 3 weeks. At one point, Jacob was doing his testing. Rebecca was on her Chromebook. Ethan was reading and Ben was playing with his cars/trains. One of the things about being at home 24/7 is that he is rediscovering some of his toys that he hasn't been playing with. 

Lacie's favorite position all week-- typical 15 year old behavior

Getting her schoolwork done

Ben and Ethan playing with cars and trains

 I got some "Happy Mail" yesterday. I ordered Rebecca (and the boys) some of their favorite types of granola bars. I found a special on them with free shipping and thought I would surprise them with them. They shipped pretty quickly! Rebecca was super happy! 


I also had my first dose of being ticked at someone's response to all of this. I have a "friend" on Facebook who was complaining yesterday about how the governor had to step in and say that golf courses and lawn care companies are non-essential. She was livid that he was taking away her rights to play golf and that she should be able to hire someone to do her lawn. Seriously?! This woman and her husband both work from home doing computer stuff and make LOTS of money. They have a teenage son who could be doing the lawn work. Her response just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Seriously ridiculous. 

TODAY:: Today it has been raining off and on. We had some storms go through a little bit ago. The humidity has been through the roof as well. :( This morning we just hung out and didn't do much of anything. Finally took my shower and made the kids lunch. Decided to try to get something done. Decided to tackle our bedroom closet that has become a catch all of stuff. 

The before

The after: the Luvs box is full of papers to be shredded and the box on top of that is for books to be donated to the book warehouse when it reopens. 

Took me about 45 minutes but it looks so much better and I got a big box of stuff out to donate (going to store it in Bill's van until Goodwill opens back up, that way it is OUT of the house. LOL) I have Italian sausage in the oven for dinner. I need to go make some coleslaw to go with it and figure out a veggie to go with it. 

How has your Saturday been? What is the weather like where you are? Doing anything exciting? 


15 comments:

  1. My dear friend is a pediatric OT, and she has many things to say about the elementary school kids going paperless, none of it good.
    Your closet looks great. I love those floors in your house.
    The weather here was gray, a bit cold, and very windy. I wanted to work in the flower beds, but not in this weather. Instead, I cleaned, baked a raspberry sour cream pie, made candles while DD worked with DH and youngest on the chicken coop, and just got through doing post dinner clean up. Sitting with a cup of coffee, trying to decide what I will do as I watch the candles burn. Kids have gone to their various rooms/corners for the evening.
    You're doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg B. I don't even want to think about how this is going to affect the boys in the long term. :(

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Your closet looks awesome!
    We had a rainy day today, and honestly I had to really think about what day it was!
    Stay safe and healthy and cozy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. Hope you had a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. The weather has been spectacularly beautiful. We drove a ways and the trees are all in leaf and flowering trees are in flower. Azaleas are blooming and flowers sprouting from the ground. Since I got up early, I took a nap and we straightened out the refrigerator so food can be found.

    I am glad the kids and school at home are working out so as not to make you all crazy. Lacie does not have work to do? The children need paper and pencil work. Supply him with something to work with and don't tell him it is extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see some flowers. Lacie didn't have any work this past week as their school district was on Spring Break and my mom didn't want them to start a routine and then have to change it up this coming week when she was going to be at home with them.

      Delete
  4. To not being able to golf, that's whining. However, they should loosen up allowing golf grounds keepers to still maintain the courses. Without maintenance, essentially the courses ate ruined. There's absolute social distancing in the grounds keeping work. I hope your homeschooling keeps going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it was totally whining. Our local health department just issued new guidelines today after talking to lawyers and they are allowing landscapers/etc to reopen tomorrow as long as they follow the 6 feet apart rule and no more than 5 crew members on one job and each has to drive themselves, etc. They are also reopening golf courses but they are not allowed to have their clubhouses, restaurants, etc open. Only their outdoor areas.

      Delete
  5. We are lucky in that my husband can still do his grounds keeping work. It's outside and he works alone. If the properties he cares for are not maintained, it will quickly look like Jumanji as vegetation grows fast down here. Your mom is a saint for making school lunches. I don't know what's to become of my cafeteria job now that school is closed for the rest of the year. Waiting to hear something from our superintendent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some compensation for them closing the schools. :( I didn't have a problem with landscapers working as it is outside and there is a need for businesses etc. However this person's attitude was nose in the air, I am rich and how dare I have to do my own lawn work. THAT is what got me. She doesn't need to worry now though as our local health dept just issued new guidelines today that reopens landscapers tomorrow as long as they follow social distancing, no more than 5 people on a crew, all crew must drive themselves, etc.

      Delete
  6. I am pissed off at Facebook and really need to limit my time. My daughter works in a bakery and the great state of PA classifies it as essential. These people can't live without their cookies. Would you be willing to call Bill's boss an cry you have 3 kids that need to eat, didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine calling his boss. Everyone is in the same boat. It is seriously ridiculous this persons attitude. I am with you on Facebook. I really need to start limiting myself too. Today it became too much and I stayed off most of the day. I don't understand how restaurants/ bakeries are considered essential. Blows my mind.

      Delete
    2. You know I am kidding. I would have been so embarrassed if I was that coworker. My daughter told me that they were as busy as Christmas on Friday.

      Delete
    3. I know you were. The stories Bill tells about this guy are unreal. Surprises me that he still has a job.

      Delete
  7. Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from
    Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly I thought it was a scam, and then I decided
    to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I
    confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to 12,000 $ , which I
    requested for business. This is really good news and I am so happy that I
    advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to
    apply through their email (text or call) +1 315-329-6320 There are sincere
    loan lenders!

    They are able to lend you a loan.
    Contact Mr Anderson
    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com
    Telephone: +1 315-329-6320
    Visit the office address @ (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240) .

    ReplyDelete