Sunday, December 8, 2013

Gratitude Sunday #6



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is so precious and I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything that is going on that often I am not taking the time to be grateful for what I do have and the good things in life.

Now is the time to change that.

I hope to come back here every Sunday and tell things that I am thankful for....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week I am grateful for: 

MY IN-LAWS-- They set up an activity for the kids to take part in, where they got to meet Santa and have some fun. We may not always see eye to eye and may live differently but I know that they love my kids. 

FOR THE COLLEGE GIRLS AT WORK--- Where I work, we have several work study students from a local university who work for us. They are all great to work with and a couple of them I have come to know very well over the last 2-3 years. We are getting ready to lose most of them because of graduation or school schedules, so I have been so blessed to be able to work with them. 

FOR WARM WEATHER FOR REBECCA'S FIRE DRILL-- Tuesday Rebecca's school had a fire drill during her gym class. Thankfully she took pants for gym and it was a little over 60 degrees outside. Perfect time for a school fire drill. 

FOR SECRET SANTA SHOPPING--- Rebecca was able to go secret Santa shopping at school and bought gifts for her brother, dad and I. I am grateful that she has this opportunity to make her own choices without my input.

FOR MY HUBBY--- I say this every week, but he does things every week that shows I made the right decision to marry him. Thursday I was elbows deep in cake making and it was lunch time and he went to get McDonald's for the boys and I so I wouldn't have to deal with making lunch in our tiny kitchen. Then he went on Saturday in the snow and bought me a broom since I broke ours and while he was out he got me a package of cordial cherries because he knows I like them and just because. I am so grateful he is my husband. 




FOR A SNOW DAY--- We had a snow day from school and work on Friday and we got to spend a nice family day together. This was a treat as usually Bill or I has to be at work, etc. 

FOR MY PARENTS--- They gave us "new to us" furniture since they bought new furniture. We are grateful for their generosity. 


What are you grateful for this week? 

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful you updated your boys' photos in the sidebar - they are getting so much bigger!! And I'm grateful for: our reno guy - he does such an amazing job; for quiet Sunday mornings to spend reading and writing on my laptop (I set my alarm on the weekends too so that I can have a nice long morning before anyone else is up); the people that I work with - we don't always see eye to eye but we are able to work things out amicably; and the best students a teacher could ask for - challenging but oh so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete