Menu Plan and Grocery Shopping

On Mondays I share my grocery shopping from the weekend and my menu plan for the next week. I do this to keep an eye on my grocery spending ( I am trying to keep our grocery expenses to under $70 a week) and to have a plan for what to eat during this crazy thing called life. It is just one way that I can live better one day at a time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend, I did a quick run to Kroger for milk and bananas, and to Rite Aid for their deal on Arizona Iced Tea ($0.50 a can). We had a yard sale at home this weekend and my hubby was gone for most of Sunday with work so I did not do a big shop. I decided that that was okay, I want to use what we have. I may pick up a couple things on Wednesday at Walmart, but it won't be much.

This weekend I bought:

Kroger : $1.09 + 6.77 = $7.86 (for bananas, milk and taco seasoning)
Rite Aid: $6.86 (for 11 cans of iced tea, and a $1 donation)
Food total for the week: $7.86+ $6.86 = $14.72!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!
UNDER BUDGET by $60.82! YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Now onto my menu plan:

Menu planning is one thing I can do to simplify our life and to help me live better one day at a time!



MONDAY: grilled cheese, chili (from freezer) and veggies
TUESDAY: Fish, veggies, macaroni and cheese
WEDNESDAY: Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, hot dogs, nachos
THURSDAY: leftover pot roast
FRIDAY: hot dogs, baked beans, veggie
SATURDAY: baked fish, rice, broccoli
SUNDAY: unsure as it is my niece's birthday dinner
What are you eating this week?

For more great menu ideas please visit... orgjunkie.com

Comments

  1. new follower!!! hope you stop by ahearth4us.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend