Monday, May 16, 2011

Menu Plan and Grocery Shopping

On Mondays I share my grocery shopping from the weekend and my menu plan for the next week. I do this to keep an eye on my grocery spending ( I am trying to keep our grocery expenses to under $70 a week) and to have a plan for what to eat during this crazy thing called life. It is just one way that I can live better one day at a time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend, I did a quick run to Kroger for milk and bananas, and to Rite Aid for their deal on Arizona Iced Tea ($0.50 a can). We had a yard sale at home this weekend and my hubby was gone for most of Sunday with work so I did not do a big shop. I decided that that was okay, I want to use what we have. I may pick up a couple things on Wednesday at Walmart, but it won't be much.

This weekend I bought:

Kroger : $1.09 + 6.77 = $7.86 (for bananas, milk and taco seasoning)
Rite Aid: $6.86 (for 11 cans of iced tea, and a $1 donation)
Food total for the week: $7.86+ $6.86 = $14.72!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!
UNDER BUDGET by $60.82! YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Now onto my menu plan:

Menu planning is one thing I can do to simplify our life and to help me live better one day at a time!



MONDAY: grilled cheese, chili (from freezer) and veggies
TUESDAY: Fish, veggies, macaroni and cheese
WEDNESDAY: Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, hot dogs, nachos
THURSDAY: leftover pot roast
FRIDAY: hot dogs, baked beans, veggie
SATURDAY: baked fish, rice, broccoli
SUNDAY: unsure as it is my niece's birthday dinner
What are you eating this week?

For more great menu ideas please visit... orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. new follower!!! hope you stop by ahearth4us.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete