Friday, March 23, 2012

Save the Date!

Thursday I went to have another growth ultrasound. According to the u/s tech, the baby is weighing a little over 8 and 1/2 pounds already! (Average for 36 weeks is 6 pounds).

Today, I went to see my doctor for my official 36 week checkup. She was not concerned about the baby's weight since I am having a repeat c-section. She also wasn't concerned because there seems to be plenty of amniotic fluid around the baby. She WAS concerned that I have noticed him moving less the last couple of days. So I am to do mandatory kick counts and if I don't get 10 kicks in 2 hours then I am to go to labor and delivery.

I also had another non-stress test today...and baby cooperated. I feel like it was not a real one though since they had me drink cranberry apple juice before and the sugar made him move! When I don't drink juice right before it takes them forever to get the results they are looking for. So I am not sure what to think about this.

In other news, I have a definite END date in site for this pregnancy. Today while I was at the doctor, I signed the consent form for the hospital to do my c-section. If I make it to that date, my c-section is scheduled for Monday April 2, when I am 38 weeks along. Dear Hubby thinks that I will have the baby before then. I don't know. I am just hoping for a healthy baby and a good delivery experience, unlike my last c-section.

No comments:

Post a Comment