Happy birthday to me!



Today is my 33rd birthday.

I am a mom, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a woman. I am a lot of things, but 1 thing I am not is happy with myself. I am not where I want to be, or where I thought I would be at the age of 33.

Don't get me wrong. I have 3 beautiful, wonderful children that are God's blessing. I have a supportive, amazing husband who puts up with me and my moods. I know that there are things in my life that are great.

But there are also areas of my life that I want need to change.

So my birthday gift to me is a list of things I want to accomplish in this my 33rd year here on Earth.

So here goes:

- Lose 45 pounds.
I believe that I can do this this year. I currently weigh roughly 242. I would love to weigh less than 200 when I turn 34. The last time I weighed less than 200 was when Bill and I got married. I weighed 199 then. I want to do this to become healthier, have more energy and just be happy with how I look.
You should not lose more than .5-2 pounds a week, so I think KNOW I can do this!

-Run in a 5K.
This goes in line with my weight loss goal. I want to compete in one and just see if I can do it. I want to know that I can start something and finish it.

- Plant a garden.
I have a black thumb. I kill all plants. I have killed cacti and bamboo--both plants that are almost impossible to kill. I would love to plant some flowers and some veggies, just to know that I can do it. (And it would be something I could do with Rebecca as well....)

-Take a vacation to either Tennessee or North Carolina with my family
We took Rebecca to Tennessee when she was just a baby. I would love to be able to take the family to the beaches of North Carolina, which I love. The last time Bill and I were there, I was pregnant with Rebecca. I would love to go back again, but I also don't want to go into debt to do it.

- Work on my mental health
I have been dealing with depression over the years. I have been on medication 3 different times. I recently weaned myself off my medicine because I don't want to be on it. I want to do this without meds. I want to be happy and not dependent on medication for that.

In many ways, my goals all lend themselves to one another. I am looking to a year of eating better, exercising more and just being happier.

So that is my birthday wish for me!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Rachel! Great goals for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! You have wonderful goals & YES, you CAN accomplish them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! And I hope I can. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Rachel! All the goals you've set out to reach are absolutely easy to achieve with such a determination of yours! and please share your success updates with us cause it will most definitely give us a lot of inspiration;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely try to keep updates of the both good and the bad! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017