Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Goals wrap-up

Today is the last day of February. I wish I could say that I am sad to see February go, but I really am not. This was NOT a good month for me physically (was sick for more than half the month), mentally or emotionally. I have a lot on my mind and am really just not in a good place. I am really trying hard not to let myself get depressed. It is hard though.

One of the things that I am just trying to let go of is my lack of progress on some of my February goals. I did so well in January, then this month everything kind of took a back seat.

For the final update for February, here is how I did.....

FINANCIAL GOALS:
  • Spend no more than $300 on food. ~I don't have an exact figure, but I am sure it was close to $360 spent on food.
  • Spend no more than $150 on household supplies (trash bags, diapers, etc.)~ I spent right around $130 
  • Look into cheaper auto insurance~ NOPE
  • File 2012 taxes~ DONE
  • Open new checking account at a different closer bank (as ours has decided to start charging us fees of $18 a month for the same service we have been getting for free.)~ Opened account, but have not been able to transfer direct deposits, etc. so will have to pay one month of fees at the old bank.
  DECLUTTERING GOALS:
  • Take pictures of and list baby items on Craig list (swing, bassinet, jumper, etc.)~NOPE
  • Declutter our master bedroom~NOPE
  PERSONAL GOALS:
  • Work up to drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day ~ Working on...gave up pop for Lent so am working on replacing with water
  • Menu plan each week from pantry first, then around sales ~NOPE
  • Lose 4 pounds ~ I am actually down 6 lbs from the last time I weighed myself.
  • Give up pop and sweets for Lent ~ Ongoing. Gave up pop, fast food, and chocolate and candy.

So there you have it. Out of 11 goals, I accomplished 4. That is not okay with me. March is tomorrow and it will be a new month with new goals. I will do better in March.

Did you make any goals for February? Care to share how you did?

3 comments:

  1. I made goals for February and totally bombed out as well.. lol! Hoping March is a MUCH better month, for both of us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. February was not a good month for us either :( I'm ready for March. But congrats on losing 6 lbs and making healthier choices in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is up with February? For a short month, it sure was brutal for everyone I know, myself included. Here's hoping that March is all you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete