What I have been up to...

I finally have a moment to sit and blog for a minute....

Sorry I haven't been as active lately. Life is going on and I have been trying to be more diligent about spending quality time with the kids rather than on the computer...

This week has been busy, busy (as it is every year, when it becomes the end of a sporting season. Hubby's schedule gets super busy. I get super busy at work and with volunteer stuff that I need to do, and just having 3 kids 6 and under makes any day busy.

Monday I had the day off of work but spent part of the morning in the walk in clinic, as I had had a sore throat for 7 days and my ear started hurting again. Strep throat was negative, but she said I had a weird sinus infection thing going on. Probably never got rid of the ear infection in January, so it just transformed into an infection in my throat. Another round of antibiotics (this time azithromicin (z-pack), and $100 later I have my meds. That night I went to bed early and laid on a heated rice bag all night as my ear was throbbing. By Tuesday mid morning my ear finally stopped hurting and by Tuesday night my throat stopped hurting completely! YAY! Yay for medicine that works!

Tuesday night I also received word that one of my friends at work (the Pre-K teacher) had to rush her husband to the hospital and that he was in a medically induced coma and was being life-flighted to a hospital in Columbus. After a couple of days, he is now stable but still fighting for his life on life support. The doctors finally figured out that he caught a super bug while he was on a business trip to Nigeria. This parasite has attacked his organs and immune system, causing some organs to begin to shut down and a fever of over 107. They were finally able to get his fever down to 101 as of last night and they had begun dialysis to help his kidneys. It is going to be touch and go so any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

This means that work has been crazy as one of my main closers is very good friends with that family so she had to leave early Tuesday, and today is not working at all so she can drive her mom to the hospital to be with the family. That leaves me juggling lots of work things.

Yesterday, Jacob woke up with a fever and not feeling good. Last night his fever was gone and today he seems fine so I am hoping it was a fluke.

Work is crazy busy. Life is crazy busy. But each day I am trying to live in the moment and enjoy the blessings I have been given.

Hope everyone has a great day!


  1. I'm glad you are feeling better! And hopefully, it was just a fluke with Jacob, and everyone will stay healthy for a while!

    1. Thanks Lena! Today Jacob was fine all day...I am so ready for everyone to be healthy even for one week... :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill's job saga the last 2 months

Green Giant Steamers (and a GIVEAWAY!)

I met Sluggy!