Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaves (new recipe #9 of 2017)


One of the things that I would like to get done in 2017 is to try to expand our menu items. I have decided to share the recipes that I try so that maybe I can help a few of you out with some new menu ideas. I know that I get inspiration from other bloggers so maybe I can help.


I was doing really well with this in January and the beginning of February. In April, I made a yummy tuna avocado salad. In May I made a yummy monkey salad.

This month, I made a came across a yummy sounding low-carb recipe and decided to give it a try.

I made mini mozzarella stuffed Italian meatloaves from "Joy Filled Eats." 


They turned out so good!! EVERYONE loved them and they were none the wiser that they were eating zucchini. The kids started calling them cheese stuffed meatballs. 





I served them with fresh steamed green beans and sliced tomatoes. Perfect for a lighter summery meal.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I do need to say that I made these 2 different times. The first time, they got overcooked and half of the mixture burnt onto my muffin pans. This time, I cooked them for 25 minutes instead of the 35 that was called for in the recipe and they came out perfect from my oven!

If you make it, let me know what you think!

OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Southwestern Style Egg Scramble
Tuna Avocado Salad
Monkey Salad

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks great! Thanks for sharing with your review of the recipe. I recently bought a mixed bag of Summer and Zucchini squash at Aldi, but really prefer the yellow over the green squash. As I don't want to waste it, while I had intended it for baking, I just may make a meatloaf and use it up! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be making these soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a yummy sounding comfort food but also low carb! A great find!

    ReplyDelete