Friday, April 21, 2017

Tuna Avocado Salad (new recipe #7 of 2017)


One of the things that I would like to get done in 2017 is to try to expand our menu items. I have decided to share the recipes that I try so that maybe I can help a few of you out with some new menu ideas. I know that I get inspiration from other bloggers so maybe I can help.


I was doing really well with this in January and the beginning of February. Then life happened and I haven't really made anything new. I think that was because the temperatures got warmer (on some days) so I was able to make some things that I hadn't made since last Summer (like taco salad!). Now that I am trying to cut out some carbohydrates on some days, I am once again looking for newer low carb recipes to try. Last week, I came across a tuna avocado salad recipe that looked really good, and healthy. Since my dear hubby is also trying to watch his carbs, I decided to make this for us for lunch.

For the life of me, I cannot find the link that I used but here is the recipe I used. If you google Tuna Avocado Salad, there are a ton of different variations and recipes. The only thing different I would do is to add some diced onions or jalapenos next time, as I felt it needed a little something else to make it pop. Bill and I both had it as sandwiches (as it was a higher carb day) but you could easily eat it as part of a salad. 




Tuna Avocado Salad

2 ripe avocados
2 cans tuna, drained
2 TBSP light mayo
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Scoop out avocado and dice. Combine avocado with rest of the ingredients. Serve immediately either on top of lettuce greens or between bread for a tuna sandwich or refrigerate.


Enjoy!

If you make it, let me know what you think!

OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Southwestern Style Egg Scramble

No comments:

Post a Comment