Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday (2/19/2018)

Happy Monday! Happy President's Day!  The kids are home from school today. Unfortunately it is dark and raining yet again so we are kind of stuck inside. The weather this past week has been raining, raining,...oh and more rain. We had flood warnings on Friday and I wouldn't be surprised if they are reissued today as it is absolutely pouring outside. I just finished breakfast so figured I would take some time to join in with the Happy Homemaker Monday theme hosted by the lovely Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom: 



The Weather::: Rainy! It is pouring down outside right now. Supposed to be 70 and cloudy tomorrow, then more rain on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Ugh.


Right now I am::: sitting at the kitchen table typing this up. Jacob is watching a football game replay on TV. Benjamin is coloring a puzzle and Rebecca is in the living room drawing. Bill is at work.  

Thinking::: I am thinking about what projects that I would like to get done today. I got a ton of housecleaning done yesterday so today it will be more like dusting, clipping kids' fingernails, etc.  
    
On my reading pile:::



On my TV::: I have been watching the Olympics with the kids. We also watched "Cars 3" on Friday night on Netflix. It was the second time we watched it last week!   

My simple pleasure::: Flowers from my hubby


On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Chicken pasta bake (a new recipe)
Tuesday - Italian sausage, macaroni and cheese, green beans
Wednesday - Whole chicken in the crockpot, stuffing, broccoli
Thursday - Sloppy Joes, corn, pineapple
Friday - Fish fillets, baked potatoes, veggie of some kind
Saturday - Pizza and fruit
Sunday - ??? Not sure yet

On my to do list:::
For today: cut kids' fingernails, dust, finish up laundry, Ben to speech, all 3 kids have basketball practice
Tuesday: Kids to school, babysit A,  walk?, Rebecca to AHG 
Wednesday: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor I, trash and recycling out
Thursday: Kids to school, babysit A, Battle of the books meeting with team, tutor N, S and N
Friday: Kids to school, Grocery store and Walmart, walk?
Saturday: basketball games for all 3
Sunday: PSR, church, Battle of the Books scrimmage

Looking around the house:::
It looks pretty good. After being on the go last week, I took yesterday afternoon to get some stuff done that had been overlooked. Bathrooms got cleaned, bedrooms got picked up, upstairs got swept, steps got swept, most laundry got done. Today I just need to dust and do the last load of laundry.   

From the camera:::
We took advantage of it not raining or snowing yesterday to go walk. The river was pretty high. 


On my prayer list:::
My hubby as he continues taking steps to start a new career. For those who don't have shelter during this gross weather.   

Bible verse, Devotional:::
 Here's to a great Monday and good start to everyone's week! 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week. I hope the weather cooperates with all the kids activities. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for your hubby's new career! We have been experiencing rain for the past week as well! The picture of the river makes me homesick for the mountains! Stay safe during your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain? still snow around here although they are saying freezing rain for tomorrow :( Sending positive thoughts for your husband's new career. Great saying about the stars. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got the heavy rain here today, too. It's a sure sign that winter is giving way to spring and I can't wait to see those first purple crocuses pushing their way up through the soil. I don't think I'll have to wait long. Have a lovely week ahead and be blessed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a busy life right now X3! I hope your plans work out. Remember to take time for you too, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The river is very pretty! Send some of that rain back our way, we've been under fire advisories. Beautiful flowers. Hope you have a wonderful week and that the sun peeks at out and dries things out around there a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my did it rain here on Friday. The creeks are all up. Today, though, it is gorgeous out! Prayers for the hubby on his new endeavor. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete