Monday, February 12, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday (2/12/2018)

Happy Monday-- Happy Valentine's week! 

Sorry for the lack of posts last week. I just lost my mojo and really had nothing to talk about. It was a fairly busy, on the go kind of week so that may have let to it. Also with snow days thrown in for the kids, etc. it just really threw off my entire schedule. Then this past weekend my sister came home for a surprise visit from college, so I met her and my mom for lunch on Friday. Then on Saturday we spent the whole day out at basketball games, then yesterday I tried to get in the groove to get some stuff done at home but it seemed like everything was taking forever. This week, hopefully, will be much calmer, although today is going to be crazy busy. So I thought I would take a few minutes and get this post up while I have a chance. So, let's get on with the Happy Homemaker Monday theme hosted by the lovely Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom: 



The Weather::: The sun is out!!! YAHOO!!! It is still cold (high of 30 today I believe) but the sun is out! It is supposed to be almost 60 on Wednesday but rainy, then back to cold and snow by this weekend. :-(   

Right now I am::: sitting at the desk typing this up. Baby A, that I babysit, is sleeping right now so taking the opportunity to do a little computer work. 

Thinking::: I am thinking about what needs to be done around here. Also what the rest of my week will look like. 
    
On my reading pile:::


On my TV::: I have been watching the Olympics with the kids. We also watched "The Emoji Movie" on Friday night on Netflix. It was kind of cute.   

My simple pleasure::: Getting to have girls lunches with my mom and sister. 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Chili
Tuesday - Cheesy Italian Chicken and pasta 
Wednesday - Fish sticks and clam strips, baked potato, veggie
Thursday - Hamburger Helper and peas
Friday - Fish sandwiches, French fries
Saturday - Pizza and fruit
Sunday - ??? Not sure yet, maybe breakfast for dinner

On my to do list:::
For today: Kids to school, mail cards, babysit A, tutor P, Jacob to doctor, Ben to speech, all 3 kids have basketball practice
Tuesday: Kids to school, babysit A,  post office, camp meeting 
Wednesday: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor I, trash and recycling out
Thursday: Kids to school, grocery store, Battle of the books meeting with team, tutor N, S and N
Friday: Babysit A, my kids don't have school, maybe trip to SPI
Saturday: basketball games for all 3
Sunday: Teach PSR, church, 

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

 
Looking around the house:::
It actually doesn't look too bad. I attacked some piles yesterday on the coffee table and the art table so those surfaces are clear. Clear surfaces makes everything look better!  

From the camera:::
An all too familiar scene this winter. This was from last Wednesday when we got over 5 inches in just a few hours. 






On my prayer list:::
My hubby as he begins what will hopefully start a full time career for him. My brother as he is narrowing down his college choices and is hoping to make the right decision. For all those affected by the flu viruses going around now.  

Bible verse, Devotional:::
I heard this verse quoted several times this weekend: 




Here's to a great Monday and good start to everyone's week! 

8 comments:

  1. The sun is out here as well.. only its 17 out.... brrr but I will try and enjoy it as its sunny!!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have sun this morning too... but so much snow everywhere! Great menu, have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today we have blue skies here in Portugal, but it's very cold outside!
    Have a great week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun is finally out here too, haven't seen it for at least a week or more. My daughter is home from work, feeling awful with sore throat, cough etc. Hope I don't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that snow, seeing your picture and reading your post, now I'm sort of not minding that the storms keep missing us. Congrats to your husband on his new career! How exciting. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are having sun!
    We are as well, and it makes such a difference, doesn't it?
    Your menu looks good.
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you're getting sunshine and that your dh is starting the new job. I pray that it turns into the career that he's hoping for. Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quite late making the rounds, but hope your week was GREAT.

    ReplyDelete