Monday, February 5, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday (2/5/2018)

Happy Monday-- How to describe this Monday? The first Monday of February. The Monday after the Super Bowl. Another Snow Day for the kids from school. Another Monday of cold weather. All of the above? LOL 

Today is a snow day for my kiddos from school. The roads and school parking lots are too icy this morning apparently for them to have school. That is fine by me as I feel like I lost a day yesterday. Saturday I was out of the house most of the day between basketball games for the kids and then we went to a friends house for dinner. Yesterday, Rebecca and I went to PSR and church and then home where in the afternoon I proceeded to take a 2.5 hour nap getting up to watch the Super Bowl with Bill. I need today to get back on track. LOL 


Now we are back to Monday. Hopefully a productive day for me, although I have a slight headache and feel like my nose is a little stuffy. I really hope that I am not getting sick. Rebecca said her nose was stuffy too. Anyhow let's get on with the Happy Homemaker Monday theme hosted by the lovely Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom: 




The Weather::: The sun is out, but it is cold! The snow and ice that we got last night isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Right now it is 7 degrees outside. We are supposed to have snow off and on all week with 3-6 inches Tuesday night/Wednesday apparently. Winter can go away sooner rather than later!  


Right now I am::: sitting at the kitchen table typing this up. I just finished breakfast and am trying to organize my thoughts as to what I want/need to get done today. 

Thinking::: I am thinking about what I need to get done today. I am so behind on laundry and just general cleaning especially upstairs.    
On my reading pile:::




On my TV::: I am still looking for another series to watch. I may try "This Is Us" again.  

My simple pleasure::: Being a mom.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - I actually don't know yet. Was going to make hamburger helper but forgot to get it at the store. Might make spaghetti with meat sauce.
Tuesday - hot ham and cheese sandwiches, green bean, corn 
Wednesday - Taco pie, corn, veggies

Thursday - Cajun chicken, peas, rice
Friday - Pizza and fruit
Saturday - Macaroni and cheese for kids? Date night for Bill and I? (Dependent on Bill's work schedule)
Sunday - Ham, cheesy potatoes, veggies


On my to do list:::
For today: Laundry, clean our bedroom, sweep upstairs, Ben to speech, all 3 kids have basketball practice, Kids write out Valentine's for school
Tuesday: Kids to school, babysit A,  Rebecca has AHG
Wednesday: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor I, trash and recycling out
Thursday: Kids to school, babysit A, Battle of the books meeting with team, tutor S and N
Friday: grocery store, tutor N, Send plates/napkins to school for all 3 kids' Valentines parties
Saturday: basketball games for all 3, dinner with friends
Sunday: Teach PSR, church, Rebecca to Kenyon for Girls In Sports Day program

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

I have been trying new recipes. I made an insane peanut butter cup chocolate cake this week. I will share the recipe later. 


 
Looking around the house:::

We need to do some straightening up today. There are dishes that need cleaned up. Since the kids are home, there are toys out in the floor-- Ben is currently sorting all of his toys into piles of different colors. I don't even want to look upstairs as that has been neglected the last couple weeks. 


From the camera:::

More basketball pictures from the kids' games on Saturday. Rebecca made her first free throw ever and got another basket when she got a rebound and then put the ball back up! 





On my prayer list:::
My hubby as he searches for a new job. My brother as he is narrowing down his college choices and is hoping to make the right decision. My neighbor who is battling cancer. For all those affected by the flu viruses going around now.  

Bible verse, Devotional:::

I wrote down this quote that the pastor, at the church where the kids play basketball, spoke during his devotional during the halftime of one of the kids' game. It really spoke to me. 

"Have patience through the process. Don't give up."



Here's to a great Monday and good start to everyone's week! 

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning!!!
    We have cold and snow here too...
    And I love that you snuck in a nap on Saturday!
    I love my naps.
    They are a necessity. : )
    I will be waiting for that cake recipe!!!
    Have a cozy afternoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote, I love it! Glad your kids (and you) are enjoying their basketball time so much. Wow, that cake looks delicious and dangerous. The book sounds interesting, I'll have to watch for your review of it. Hope you stay healthy and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! That cake was dangerous and delicious. I am so glad that we had 9 people eating it so I didn't have to bring any home. LOL Hope you have a good week as well.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post this week! That cake looks to die for!!! Wow! Have prayed over your prayer requests. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. While its not as cold, we have gotten alot of snow the last few days, I am ready for Spring!!! Love the quote! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have gotten lots of snow too with other days being frigid cold. Not good for me :) I am ready for Spring as well.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the snow day came just in time to give you a "mental health" down day :D Your cake looks AMAZING!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cake! I'm sure the kids loved it. Hope you had a beautiful week

    ReplyDelete