Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole (new recipe #7 of 2018)

Happy Tuesday everyone! The good news is that the sun is trying to peek out and it has stopped raining for the moment. The temperatures today here are supposed to hit 72! I will take it! The bad news is I woke up all stuffed up in my sinuses and my head is throbbing. I probably am getting the cold that Rebecca and Jacob have had the last couple of days. Ugh. But I can't dwell on it, I have things to do and so I put my Thieves essential oil on and tylenoled up and now getting ready to start my day.

I thought I would take a few minutes before the madness of the day starts to share a recipe that I made last night for dinner. Monday nights are crazy between speech therapy for Ben and basketball practice for all three and Bill having to go to work and dinner is usually late and needs to be ready by the time we get home. Crockpot meals are good, however the last couple of weeks I have been making pasta bakes that we can just heat up in the microwave when we get home.


Last night, I made a chicken bacon ranch casserole that I saw over the weekend on Facebook. I showed the recipe to Bill and asked if he would eat it. He said that the ranch kind of turned him off, but he was willing to try it. I reminded him that it wasn't ranch dressing for salad but the dry mix. He gave me the go ahead to try it. 





I made it yesterday afternoon and then heated up individual portions once we got home. Rebecca ate before basketball, Jacob and Ben ate right after basketball. Bill ate closer to 8:30 when he stopped home for dinner and I ate around 8:30. 



Oh my word! It was so good! The boys each had 2 servings so I know they loved it. Rebecca asked me when I was going to make it again and Bill said I definitely need to add it to the menu again. So I say it is a definite keeper! 

Anyone else trying new recipes? Care to share?



Other new recipes in 2018 that I have tried: 



No comments:

Post a Comment