Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #7 of 2018

Source
Happy Wednesday! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a Blessed Ash Wednesday! (This year is strange for Catholics as Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday are the same day and Easter falls on April Fool's Day!)

I had steak, mashed potatoes and green beans.
Bill had a burger and fries (he asked for a baked potato but they gave him fries).

Bill and I actually had date night at home this past weekend to celebrate...having Ruby Tuesdays for dinner at home! It was super yummy!





Today I did try to make the day special. I left candy out for the kids that they can have when they get home from school. After I showered, I started with getting up early to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls for the kiddos. I also found donuts waiting downstairs from Bill.



When I left to take the kids to school, I also found a card on my driver's side seat of my van from him.




And when I got home from taking them to school, there was flowers and fuzzy socks sitting on the kitchen table for me. Makes my heart happy!

Before we began the Valentine's Day though I did get on the scale. So, let's get see where the weight numbers stand this week....





Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 233.8
My weight this week: 232.6
Weight loss from last week: -1.2 pounds! *Yay*
Total weight loss for 2018: -8.4 pounds! 

Whoo-hooo! I wasn't sure how this week was going to pan out as my schedule has been off. We have been extra busy. My stress level has been through the roof for whatever reason and honestly I haven't been making great food choices. So I am thrilled that the scale went down. I don't know why or how, but it did and I will take it.

I really need to get back in the habit of eating better (more fruits and veggies). I was doing really good for a few weeks, but I have slacked off in the last week or so.

Being that today is Ash Wednesday and the official start of Lent, I, as a Catholic, am called to give something up for Lent (or to add something that will enhance my spiritual life). I have decided that I am going to give up eating anything after dinner for Lent. I have gotten into the bad habit of snacking on m&ms or ice cream after I put the kids to bed. That is going to stop. I will allow family dessert times after dinner because that is an extension to the meal and not an everyday thing that we do (only for special occasions). I know that that will be a challenge, but will also be good for my weight loss goals.   

Source

On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

Well this week was a carbon copy of last week. Nothing to report this week. I have not gotten any dedicated fitness time in and I think that is why my stress level is sky high. I really need to figure this out. 

So that means I am at 6 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year! This number may seem low, but honestly I expect it to be with winter. I am not going to let myself get discouraged.

So that was this week's Weigh In Wednesday-- diet wise, I am happy with the unexpected loss; fitness wise-- I have to figure it out. If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?




4 comments:

  1. I'm really struggling to get my exercise in as well! Great job on the loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that exercise hopefully will be easier once Spring comes! I least I hope so!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss. Slow and steady is the way to do it. Your flowers are so pretty and I love that you made heart shaped cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete