Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Insane Peanut Butter Cup Cake (new recipe #6 of 2018)

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope everyone is staying nice and warm. My kiddos are back in school today (they should have had school yesterday as the roads were fine after 9AM but who am I to say....) Yesterday in my post, I mentioned that I had tried a new recipe for an "Insane Peanut Butter Cup Cake" and a couple of you said you couldn't wait for the recipe. So today I thought I would share it with you. 

So the story of the cake is this::: Saturday night we headed over to our good friends' house for dinner. I offered to bring dessert. My friend Sarah and I have a sort of inside joke going, where we find the most delicious sounding recipes on Facebook and share/ tag each other on them. We seem to be taking turns making these recipes for each other and our families as well. Last week our families got together at our house and she brought over a cookie dough pie.

Well, this week we headed over to her house so I went through the Facebook archives and found a recipe for an "Insane Peanut Butter Cup Cake" from Cookies and Cups, that I decided to try out. (We both love peanut butter and chocolate).




Let me tell you that recipe did not disappoint. OH MY WORD! It was so yummy! The peanut butter filling in the middle is too die for.. I seriously could eat it by the spoonful! 




I made it according to the recipe, omitting the chocolate chips on the outside and using chocolate syrup instead of melted chocolate on top. When I make it again, I will make a couple more changes. I will probably only make half of the peanut butter filling and half of the chocolate frosting as there was way too much left over.  

Everyone LOVED it! And by everyone I mean kids and adults alike! I will definitely be making it again! 

Anyone else trying new recipes? Care to share?



Other new recipes in 2018 that I have tried: 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much!
    I just printed the recipe out!
    I will let you know when my daughter Peyton makes it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the first week of whole30 and I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this looks. Instead of looking at the recipe now, I am bookmarking your post so I can access it later.

    ReplyDelete