Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Chaperoned the zoo field trip

On Friday, I got to go to the Columbus Zoo for the third time in a month. The first time we went as a family. Then last week, I helped chaperone Rebecca's overnight at the zoo with her AHG troop. Friday I got to chaperone Benjamin's Kindergarten class' field trip. One of the good things about this trip was I didn't have to drive; we got to take the school bus! 


Ben was so excited that I got to go. I was in charge of 4 kids total. It was a very tiring trip, but overall good. The kids loved the animals and all the statues that they got to climb. Ben's teach gave each group visors that were a specific animal print and notebooks and pens for the kids to write down the animal names or draw pictures of the animals they saw. We were the zebra group.

When we arrived at the zoo, we went to find the monkeys first. We saw several gorillas, including a baby.




 
We ate lunch by the pond. The kids loved the huge fish that we in the pond. 




After lunch, we headed off to find the elephants. The rhino was out as well. The kids thought it was funny because the rhino kept chasing a bird that was in his area. LOL




We saw the red panda. 


We ended our day with finding the zebras, giraffes, an ostrich and some camels.




 
I believe that the kids saw the animals they most wanted to see. 

To say that I was exhausted when we got back to town would be an understatement. But it was a good type of exhaustion. Ben was also exhausted as he fell asleep on the couch after dinner! 


I am so glad that I was able to go with Ben. I love spending time with my kids one-on-one, or at least trying to make the effort to make them feel special.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you ejoyed your day. Chaperoneing is a great way to meet the other kids teachers, and other parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit by the time Son3 came along I was tired of field trips. I still went but I was not as enthusiastic as I was with the first 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to fully be able to chaperone when Rebecca and Jacob went on trips because many didn't allow you to bring younger siblings. Now that they are all 3 in school, I am finally able to chaperone when asked and I really enjoy it.

      Delete