Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #18 of 2018


I saw this on facebook earlier this week and it really hit home to me. Self-care can look different to different people and we really don't need to judge what others do that feeds their soul. If you would have told me a month ago that I would come to enjoy exercising, then I would have laughed at you. But people change and I am trying to find that balance for me, because what soothes my soul may be different than what soothes others'. 

Speaking of soothing one's soul, sometimes life has to change drastically for that to happen. There are things in motion in our household that will mean some big changes (I will go into all this in a later post). What that means for me is that so much is not in my control and stress has been high. However, I am really trying to not let that get into my head and I am trying to be mindful of not stress eating. I haven't been completely successful, but I am trying. I have decided that I am going to try the best that I can this month to eat more veggies and fruit, drink more water, and have at most one pop a day. (I know pop is bad for me, but I have to start somewhere). So far I have done really well on this. Hopefully, the scale will begin to show my efforts. I started these new habits on Monday, so I don't know that there will be any effect on the scale this week, but hopefully there will be next week. 


Let's see what the scale said this week: 


*Sorry for the blurry photo. For some reason my phone was acting up and not focusing this morning. 

Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 240.0
My weight this week: 237.4
Weight loss from last week: -2.6 pounds!! :-) :-) :-)
Total weight loss for 2018: -3.6 pounds! 

So a loss!! Yahoo! I was shocked when I saw that number on the scale. I really expected to stay the same or gain. I will definitely take it. Hopefully with the dietary changes that I am making that number will keep going down.   




On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

Well since I last posted a Weigh In Wednesday post, I did the following walks:

April 26, 2018: 2.0 miles
April 29, 2018: 2.01 miles
May 1, 2018: 2.71 miles
May 2, 2018: 4.47 miles

Finally, the weather has cooperated and that means I have been able to get out and get some walks in. Feels so good. That also means I am now at 34 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year!  I have also walked 80.81 miles so far in 2018! 

In other exercise news, I finished the 30 day Beginner Shred last Wednesday. I hiked/walk on Thursday and Friday. Honestly, Friday night I was kind of missing the workouts. I definitely felt that I was toner and I had more energy. On Saturday, I felt blah and just not good. I even napped for 2 hours in the afternoon. It wasn't a good day. A friend of mine wondered if it was because I hadn't done the strenuous exercise of the DVD?? That got me thinking so Sunday night I pulled out the regular Jillian Michael's Shred DVD and tried that...well that was a no go. The first session was basically all jumping jacks and lunges. I am a well-endowed woman and even with 2 bras on (including a sports bra) I was in a lot of pain due to the jumping jacks. And the lunges were killing my knees. I HATED it! It was boring and I just didn't want to do it. So I searched on YouTube on our Roku box and found a Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout that I did. I have come to the conclusion that I have to do something physical everyday. I don't want to commit to just doing a DVD, however, I NEED to do something everyday. I have decided that I am going to commit to doing some sort of exercise (be that walking for 2 or more miles, or doing a 20 minute YouTube exercise video, or doing a DVD) daily. Who knew that I would be one who would want to exercise? 

If you exercise, what is your favorite form of exercise? Do you have an exercise DVD that you recommend? 



3 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough to have a gym at work so two days a week I do a tabatta class and three days I run 2-3 miles. I used to hate running with a passion. Now I won't say I love to do it but I miss it if I don't go. Congratulations with you weight loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do yoga and walk. I need to get back to incorporating free weight. Good for you, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I like to walk in nature which also feeds my soul so achieving two things at once :) In addition I do 30 minutes of yoga every morning. I don't imagine yoga affects my weight but it does affect my mental health. I follow that with 20 minutes of meditation which is good for my mood. It gets each day off to a good start. Oh and LOTS of bike riding now that the nice weather is here!

    ReplyDelete