Saturday, May 26, 2018

Quick trip to Cleveland for my sister's graduation

After the football awards night, I had to come home and pack for a quick trip to Cleveland the next day as I was taking the kids up to see my sister Mary graduate from college that Friday night. 

I picked the kids up early from school (at 1) and I also picked up our brother Josh and his girlfriend Kacie, to drive up to Cleveland for graduation. The drive up wasn't bad. We met up with my parents, Mary, and her girlfriend Maddie, at the hotel that my parents had made reservations at. 

Then we all headed to downtown Cleveland to the Wolstein Center to watch Mary walk across the stage as an Ursuline College graduate. I am very thankful that Mary's girlfriend offered to drive the kids and I as I am terrified of driving the freeway in the city and it being rush-hour, etc. I was just glad that she drove! 

Once there, we found seats and sat for about 45 minutes before graduation started. My mom got the kids some popcorn and water to keep them happy. Honestly, though they did a great job sitting and patiently waiting on graduation to start.



I will admit that I teared up during the playing of "Pomp and Circumstance." That song gets me every time. Overall, the ceremony took about 2 hours including the speakers. 


 My sister received her Bachelor's degrees in art therapy and psychology.



After the ceremony was over, we headed outside for LOTS of pictures!

First up...Mary the graduate (sans shoes, as she had on really high heels that came off when everything was done. LOL) 


Mary with the kids....


Mary and Ben... these 2 have such a tight bond with each other, that it isn't even funny...


Me and Mary...

Mary and Jacob...

Rebecca and Mary...

Mary and our parents...


Mary and her girlfriend Maddie...


Our brother Josh (who graduates from high school tomorrow), Mary, and Josh's girlfriend Kacie....


Then it was time to head back to the hotel, where my mom ordered lots of overpriced room service food (it was 11PM and we were all starving). I finally got the kids to bed around 1 AM, knowing that my alarm was going to be ringing just a few short hours later, as we had to be back in our town by 9AM Saturday morning for a mandatory First Communion practice for Jacob. 



Even though it was a very short, whirlwind trip, I am so glad that I was able to attend her graduation and that my kids were able to attend! We are so proud of her!  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing site! I really enjoyed reading the content. Thanks!

    Dresses For Siblings

    ReplyDelete