Saturday, June 2, 2018

Bill's birthday, Graduation, and Memorial Day

I am slowly playing catch up here on this here blog....

Last weekend was pretty busy as we had things scheduled everyday. 

Last Friday, May 25th, was Bill's birthday. He spent the morning at orientation for a part-time job at Kroger. I took the kids to school then headed to a friend's house who had a job for me to do that day. I spent the morning scraping paint off of her front deck as she is trying to get her house ready to be put on the market. It was hot, tiring work, but it made me $50. After Bill, was done with his orientation he came over to help. Then we headed home to get the kids from school. After that, we took ice cream over our friend's house as she used to be Ben's preschool aide and we wanted to celebrate Bill's birthday.





After ice cream, we headed out to Newark to take Bill to dinner at his choice of restaurant, Rooster's. Dinner was very yummy.



We followed that by coming home for chocolate pie and a couple of presents. 




Saturday was spent doing chores and laundry.

On Sunday, we got to attend the high school graduation of my baby brother. I am so proud of him as he graduated with honors! He is headed off to college in the fall to play football and to major in education. 



 We also got a picture of all the graduates of this year. My sister, Mary, graduated from college. Josh graduated from high school. Rebecca graduated from 5th grade and Benjamin graduated from Kindergarten.


Monday, was Memorial Day. We got the day started off with our hometown parade. Rebecca walked in it with her American Heritage Girls troop, while the boys and I were spectators!






That afternoon, we headed off to our good friends' horse farm for a cookout. The kids had a blast running and playing! 



Then it was home to get ready for the last couple days of school! Overall, it was a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures about special times with your family.I wish for good things for all of you this summer-life can be messy, but your nuclear family is light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family pictures! Happy belated to Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing Sam did but just using different words. Instead I will just say ditto.

    ReplyDelete