Saturday, June 30, 2018

This past week....

I thought I would do a quick post on some of what we have been up to this past week. I don't want to forget these times, even as busy as they are. I don't necessarily have time to sit down each day and write a detailed blog post of that day so maybe I will try to do these types of posts every now and again. 

So this past week...

On SUNDAY, the kids and I went to church and then to my parents' house for a cookout. Bill was at work. We enjoyed perfect weather outside and the kids had a blast running around playing. 




On MONDAY, we went to the park after dinner for a stroll and had a fun time. Bill was even home to come with us. We then surprised the kids with a trip to the Round Hill Dairy for ice cream. I had their flavor of the week which was strawberry cheesecake. YUMMY!!







On TUESDAY, I spent the day tutoring.

On WEDNESDAY, I spent most of the day tutoring. Bill was off and he took the kids to Fredericktown for a library program that the Columbus Zoo was at. Ben came home excited because he got to pet a skunk. LOL We had date night at home for dinner, by ordering takeout from the local Chinese place. 

On THURSDAY, I watched our neighbors' son's girlfriend's son while our neighbor went to her radiation appointment. Jake is in between Ben and Jacob's age and gets along with my kiddos. After he left, I took the kids to the park for a walk. Unfortunately Bill was not feeling well with a stomach bug that day so he called off work. I tutored most of the afternoon.


On FRIDAY, I was up early to head to Kroger to get a couple of deals that were good Friday only (including 0.99 Chips Ahoy cookies). Then to Walmart for deodorant (as I was completely out!). Then home to get the kids. Then back out to the bank, CVS and Dollar Tree. Then home to play Ben in his Memory game. Then my sister showed up and we headed out to meet my mom for lunch. Then we went to the used book warehouse and I donated 2 huge bags full of kids' books. I came home with a grocery bag full of books for $5. 

TODAY...the temperature is supposed to be in the mid 90s with heat indexes of over 100. I am planning on staying inside in the a/c. I am planning on attacking Rebecca's room as it is a disaster. I also need to make a cake for my nephew's birthday party tomorrow. And I have laundry to do and tutoring sessions to get ready for... So I had better get off of here and hop to it. 

Have a great Saturday everyone! 

8 comments:

  1. Ben's Wednesday made me smile. I hope Bill's jobs are going well. It is nice he could take the kids to the library program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill's jobs are going as well as can be expected. I really should do an updated post on his job....

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy having lots of summer fun over there in between working. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. It has been very busy but good.

      Delete
  3. Looks like the kids and family had a great time. Hope all is well with Bill. FYI-the Power stick (in baby blue container) lady's deodorant/antiperspirant at Dollar tree works great. Both Dd and I require stronger formulations and find that this works as well as Secret to Arrid XX. HTH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hopefully do an updated post on Bill's jobs soon. Thanks for the tip on the Dollar Tree deodorant. I will have to grab a stick as a backup. I typically never run out as I try to always have at least one in the bathroom cabinet.

      Delete
  4. It is very nice of you to share your week. For those of us with an empty nest it is fun to see summer life with kids again, even through a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I am glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete