Friday, January 15, 2021

Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?

Happy Friday everyone! Hope your day is going okay so far. Here it is dark, cloudy, rainy, and we might get some snow showers later. I am going to be babysitting my niece and nephew in a bit as my mom has a doctor's appointment. I am thinking we may all watch the live-action "Mulan" movie while they are here. But first, I wanted to stick with my plan of my new foodie posting! 

As I mentioned in my New Year's Goal post, I want to menu plan, stick to it and blog about it each week. Well, I thought about what day of the week to post these menu highlights. A lot of people post on Sunday or Monday as that is the days that their menus start. However, that really doesn't work for me. So, I have decided to post on Fridays. I am doing this because Thursdays are days that I try to go to the grocery store for the following week and it is when I really finalize my menu plan for the next week. Therefore, "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" came to mind.



I am going to be doing 2 things with these posts. First I will highlight what we ate the previous week, whether we followed the plan, etc. Then I will post what the plan is for the next week. If you feel inclined to follow along, please do. I get inspiration from blogs and postings online for new recipes to try, things to add to my menus, etc. So without further ado, let's get this Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here? started. 

What did we eat this past week? 

Friday 1-8-21: Waffles, bacon and pears strawberries.  (Bill and the kids had this. I didn't eat anything as I had a huge late lunch with my friend at a sub shop and I was bloated and didn't want anything.)



Saturday 1-9-21: Dinner with friends. Pasta bake made with penne pasta, Italian sausage and alfredo and marinara sauces. Served with green beans and garlic bread. (Friends are bring dessert.)


 

Sunday 1-10-21: Turkey breast made in crockpot, mashed potatoes, stuffing, peas With Ben's accident and the stress of dealing with that, dinner became McDonald's. (No picture as that was the last thing on my mind.) I put the cooked turkey in the fridge for Monday night. 

Monday 1-11-21: Crockpot chicken ranch tater tot casserole, broccoli Turkey breast made in crockpot, mashed potatoes, stuffing, peas 



Tuesday 1-12-21: Chicken enchiladas and salad



Wednesday 1-13-21: Chili and grilled cheese crackers



Thursday 1-14-21: Fish sticks/filets, Cole slaw, French fries and corn



You know it wasn't the best of weeks following the plan exactly, but that is real life. Life happens. It has been a long week and I am okay with what we ate this week. Everyone was fed and there was little complaining. It's all good. 

In other news, I finally conquered my new air fryer. I bought one a couple of months ago when Walmart had them on super sale for the big one, however it has sat in it's box. Then I took it out of the box a few weeks ago and put it on top of my freezer. 



Well, last night I decided to take the first step to conquer it and I made the French fries in it. 



The verdict is that my kids and hubby loved them and says never make fries in the regular oven again! LOL I will definitely be using it again. 

What are we planning to eat this coming week?


Friday 1-25-21: Make your own mini-pizzas and fruit (moved from last week)

Saturday 1-16-21: Macaroni and cheese and peas for the kids. Date night for Bill and I-- salmon, rice and mixed veggies 

Sunday 1-17-21: Whole chicken in Crockpot, mashed potatoes, broccoli and pears

Monday 1-18-21: Potato soup and crusty bread

Tuesday 1-19-21: Chicken fajitas and corn casserole

Wednesday 1-20-21: hot dogs, baked beans, Cole slaw

Thursday 1-21-21: Baked omelets, bacon, toast and fruit

What have you been eating or cooking lately? Do you use an air fryer? Care to share any air fryer recipes? Share your menu ideas in the comments! 

9 comments:

  1. I go through spells with my air fryer and yes, French fries in it are great! I don't always use it for fries though as I have to cook them in batches. It's great for roasted vegetables (I'm not a huge asparagus person but love it in the air fryer!). Can't say I have any recipes for the air fryer though. Your menus sound good, I need to start on outlining our menu, post it on Monday but typically start thinking about it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like asparagus but maybe I will try some in the air fryer.

      Delete
  2. No air fryer on our side. For me, I typically plan my menu on Saturday morning or Friday afternoon (we shop on Saturdays), but post on it later in the week, because the plan sometimes changes based on availability.

    This week, I think we'll have grilled chicken, spaghetti & meatballs (moved from this week) & a sesame chicken dish. We make enough on weekends to have leftovers during the week, so that plus maybe something from the freezer will get us through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't shop on the weekends-- too many people. LOL

      Delete
  3. I hate my air dryer but was willing to keep trying. Then, Tommy broke off a piece that won't go back and the air fryer won't go back together. So, I cannot cook with the door open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those waffles look really good....

    ReplyDelete