Friday, January 22, 2021

Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?

Happy Friday evening everyone! How's your Friday going? I am sitting here in the recliner with our massager and heating pad on me. I am super sore. I went to the YMCA with a friend this morning so I can check it out. She has a membership and wants me to join so that we can exercise together. I don't know. Today we went and worked out for over an hour. I did enjoy it. I think I will apply for a scholarship to see if I can afford a membership. It might be a good way to lose weight and exercise during these cold winter months. So my current mood is:


 

As I mentioned in my New Year's Goal post, I want to menu plan, stick to it and blog about it each week. Well, I thought about what day of the week to post these menu highlights. A lot of people post on Sunday or Monday as that is the days that their menus start. However, that really doesn't work for me. So, I have decided to post on Fridays. I am doing this because Thursdays are days that I try to go to the grocery store for the following week and it is when I really finalize my menu plan for the next week. Therefore, "Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here?" came to mind.



I am going to be doing 2 things with these posts. First I will highlight what we ate the previous week, whether we followed the plan, etc. Then I will post what the plan is for the next week. If you feel inclined to follow along, please do. I get inspiration from blogs and postings online for new recipes to try, things to add to my menus, etc. So without further ado, let's get this Foodie Friday: What are we eating around here? started. 

What did we eat this past week? 

Friday 1-15-21: Make your own mini-pizzas and fruit (moved from last week)

Saturday 1-16-21: Macaroni and cheese and peas for the kids. Date night for Bill and I-- salmon, rice and mixed veggies. We all ended up eating mac and cheese and peas. Bill and I had ice cream after the kids went to bed and watched "The Mandalorian" for date night. 




Sunday 1-17-21: Whole chicken in Crockpot, mashed potatoes, broccoli and pears



Monday 1-18-21: Potato soup and crusty bread



Tuesday 1-19-21: Chicken fajitas and corn casserole



Wednesday 1-20-21: hot dogs, baked beans, Cole slaw leftover potato soup


 

Thursday 1-21-21: Baked omelets, bacon, toast and fruit and blueberry muffins

  


What are we planning to eat this coming week?


Friday 1-22-21: Frozen pizza and fruit 

Saturday 1-23-21: Stuffed shells and salad

Sunday 1-24-21: Chicken pot pie and salad 

Monday 1-25-21: Taco boats, corn, oranges 

Tuesday 1-26-21: Hamburger helper stroganoff and peas

Wednesday 1-27-21: Chicken Noodle Soup and crackers

Thursday 1-28-21: Smoked Sausage, Macaroni and Cheese, green beans 

What have you been eating or cooking lately? Share your menu ideas in the comments! 

2 comments:

  1. Your menus sound good especially the ice cream part. Good for you in going to the gym, hope it all works out (no pun intended) for you. Think I've been throwing a few too many newish recipes at my family since everyone seemed relieved to be eating something "normal" when we had spaghetti on Wednesday. Probably going to be tacos tonight and definitely chili for the Chiefs game tomorrow, haven't got much past that though. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating vicariously through others' meal plans! Monday, (I think) we had a sirloin tip roast with roasted carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy. The next day DH took youngest to Costco, so, of course, dinner was rotisserie chicken. Two nights ago the leftover chicken was combined with gravy from the roast beef dinner, and turned into a chicken pot pie for a "come and get it when you want it" meal. Last night we had frozen, beer battered cod with homemade oven fries and coleslaw. I was going to have youngest grill some steaks tonight, but as it's pretty cold outside, I have moved those to tomorrow, and we will have chicken risotto tonight. I have some pumpkin friendship bread in my cake dome, and lime curd thumbprint cookies on the cookie plate. I found some Key limes on quick sale which I couldn't refuse, and have a graham cracker crust tucked in the pantry, so I may make a Key lime pie today. Plans for later in the week are spaghetti Bolognese and meat loaf. When I am on a no spend/pantry challenge, I tend towards a whatever hits me on the nose sort of meal plan.

    ReplyDelete