Thursday, January 14, 2021

Long Week

 Is it Friday yet? 

Seriously this has been a week. First with the mess with Ben's school on Monday. Then yesterday I get a notification that Jacob was in a fight at school but the principal was in a meeting so couldn't speak to the boys until today. Basically, he was getting picked on by the same kid that has been bullying him for the last 2 years. Jacob had enough and when the kid wouldn't shut up Jacob shoved him. The kid then slapped Jacob causing his glasses to cut his nose. Both boys were at fault. Then this morning, I get a notification that my child is not in school. Yes he is. I dropped the boys off to school this morning. I called the school and the secretary said that she had to call the room to see. I expected her to call me back. Well, after 5 minutes she didn't call me so I called the office again and had to leave a message. I try again 5 minutes later. No answer. I get in the car to go to the school and I am at the corner and they call me back. The secretary acted ticked off that she had to call me. I am furious. Long story short after 40 minutes I finally get a call back to say that he is there. It is insane. Needless to say it has not been a good week in regards to the boys' school. Bill apparently emailed the principal a long angry email detailing these issues and she called me this afternoon and we had an hour long conversation concerning these concerns. She addressed our concerns. We shall see. 

Thankfully the kids have a 4 day weekend. Today was the end of the quarter and Monday they have off for MLK day. 

Today we had to get up and out of the house as Jacob had a physical at 8AM. His doctors office is only well child visits in the morning and sick kids in the afternoon. He got a clean bill of health and is good to go for another year. 

What else has been going on this week? I got ALL the laundry done on Tuesday and cleaned the boys' room. I got a whole basket of clothes that the boys had outgrown out of their room. Other than that just been busy with kids, tutoring and babysitting. 





Also had to go buy Bill some back pills as he has been having issues with his back while standing. He says he is getting old. LOL 



Speaking of Bill, if you are looking for another blog to read, Bill is writing about sports and other things on his new blog. He would love to have more followers. You can find him at Off the Bench.

Well, I need to go fix dinner. Tonight is an easy dinner of fish sticks, french fries and cole slaw. Trying to decide if I am brave enough to use my new air fryer that I have never used. We shall see....

How is your week going? Anything fun going on?  

 


9 comments:

  1. So sorry about the rough week. That really stinks. A four-day weekend is just what everyone needs. Hope you all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the boys need the weekend as much as I do. LOL

      Delete
  2. I am sorry, very sorry, you had to put up with that nonsense from the school. I'm angry on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. It is just the culmination of a lot of things.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your week.
    I remember the drama Madison went through in school and the dealings with the administration.
    You keep demanding justice for your kids.
    Don't let them intimidate you!
    Hugs from Pa.
    Your dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. It is very frustrating and I have reached my limit.

      Delete
  4. Hope your weekend is much better than your yesterday. Glad you get to have a 4 day weekend, hoping you'll get a chance to relax a bit. I'll have to check out your husband's sports blog. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I ended up at Urgent Care with Jacob who has an infected nail area on one of his fingers. It never ends. LOL

      Delete