Wednesday, January 20, 2021

New Box Spring, New Art, Inauguration, and Life Lately

 Happy Wednesday everyone! It is Wednesday, right? LOL The kids having a 4 day weekend really threw me off schedule. 

Sunday became the day of staying in pajamas. I worked out but then after my shower I put clean, fresh pajamas on. LOL We watched lots of football over the weekend. Thankfully my Packers won on Saturday. On Sunday Benjamin was glad that the Buccaneers won. That just means it will be Ben versus Mom this weekend for the NFC Championship and to see who plays either the Bills or the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. All I have to say to that is GO PACK GO!! 

Monday the kids were home all and day and I didn't have to go anywhere. It was glorious. I did end up babysitting "A" for a while as she didn't have preschool due to MLK day. I got several things done on Monday. 

I got our new box spring put together for our bed. One of the kids broke ours when they jumped on the bottom of the bed. You could see the divet in the box spring. Considering it was about 20 years old and had been cut in half/folded to get up the steps in our 2nd apartment years ago, I think it served it's purpose and I got my moneys worth. I ordered a ZINUS 9 inch Smart Metal Box Spring off of Amazon that had good reviews. (I also got it on sale for $119 (it retails for $260) plus I had a $15 gift card to Amazon, so I spent $112 after taxes.) 






It was super easy to put together! I was able to put it together myself in less than an hour. We have slept on it the last couple of nights and it is a lot firmer than what I was used to but it is nice NOT to dip when you are laying on the bed. LOL

Monday night we also received a canvas print in the mail that I had ordered. I will be doing a review of the print and company soon. One of my goals is to change things up a little bit including changing around some of our decor. This opportunity came up and I LOVE the canvas that Bill and I chose. Bill hung it up for me Monday and it is perfect. 



Yesterday, the kids were back in school and I had my niece and nephew while my mom worked. While they were here I folded a bunch of laundry. My nephew, who loves to clean, asked me if he could dust my house. LOL I don't know whether I should be offended or not. LOL My niece spent most of her day complaining she was tired and laying around on the couch like a surly teenager. Another example of her being lazy was I had the kids make homemade pizza for lunch. My nephew was all about making his pizza. My niece wouldn't come in to make hers, so I made it. She said she didn't want to get up. LOL 


 

Today, we woke up to an UN-expected 2 hour delay at school due to some snow and ice overnight.  That messed up our plans for the day. Rebecca was supposed to have a well-check doctors appointment after I took the boys to school, but with the delay I called and rescheduled it. The boys and I took Rebecca to school and then came home to wait until it was time to take the boys to school. I started more laundry. After I took the boys to school I came home and turned on the Inauguration. I watched that for about a hour and a half.


 

I posted this on Facebook and I will post it here as well. "I don't care what your political affiliation is, today is a historic day in our country. So glad my daughter is old enough to see and understand what today is about."



Then I exercised on the Wii. I have made it an unofficial goal to exercise on the Wii Fit for 30 minutes everyday for 2 weeks. Our weather has been crappy, cold, snowy, dreary, etc. and it makes it really hard to get out and walk. The kids were playing on the Wii and I decided I would work out. Doing 30 minutes, I was sweating and breathing hard and realizing just how out of shape I really am. So that is my goal. So far I have exercised everyday since Saturday when I began this goal.

Tonight I am doing simple for dinner. I am making hot dogs and heating up leftover potato soup from Monday. I tried freezing the soup in the past and the texture goes weird when it thaws so I am switching up the menu a little. I also need to make a grocery list for a grocery run tomorrow-- I know we need fruit and milk. Will have to see what else.

What are you up to tonight? Did you watch the Inauguration today? Have you ever ordered a big furniture item, like a box spring, off of Amazon or online?

14 comments:

  1. I'm with you - regardless of political affiliation, it's so exciting to see a woman in the white house! And, to hear a president talk about bringing the country together vs punishing others & calling people names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Superwoman!
    I wouldn't even know how to begin putting together a boxspring!!!
    It looks great!
    So do the pizzas!!! What are the crusts???
    Have a good day, dear friend.
    Oh. And I never had good luck freezing soup either. It gets weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Superwoman I am not, but thanks for the compliment! :) The crusts are premade Kroger mini crusts! LOL They come in a pack of 3. One thing I can't do is make bread or crusts homemade. LOL

      Delete
  3. Is what you purchased just the metal base, or did the base which goes on top of it (but under the mattress) come with it? When Girl (the one we were sheltering) moved out because her mother managed to rent a house, she took the full mattress from the bed in the guest room. (She also took a headboard/footboard set I had stored in the garage--she needed a bed, so glad to do it for her.) I ordered a replacement from Macy's in November. I finally cancelled the order yesterday, because they kept delaying delivery due to "vendor delay." So, now I'm back to looking for a mattress for that bed--no memory foam, I loathe the stuff.
    Yesterday was a great day. Biden has a tough road ahead of him for sure, with the hatred and misinformation on top of an economy that has been gutted and a record high National debt. I think, however, we have only begun to see the beginnings of our societal demise, however, in the wake of the atrocities the past administration has brought for the last four years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a metal base with a covering that goes on top of it. It fits on our queen bed. It lays on the slats in the bed frame.
      I agree with your thoughts on the political topic.

      Delete
  4. We spent almost the entire day watching the inauguration. I have to admit that I cried listening to Biden's speech. I cried, because there's now hope for our nation to come together. What a historical day it was.

    Is the wii fit an exercise disc that you use? I might have to look into getting one. I like doing the Wii Just Dance with my son, because it helps burn calories too. That way we both have fun & get a workout at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Wii Fit is the exercise disk for the Wii. You do need the balance board as well. My kids love the different games on the Wii Fit Plus game. That is great that you like the Wii Just Dance. I think we might have one of those as well. I will have to see if I can find it.

      Delete
  5. So, is that a box spring with springs? If so, how do you put that together. Now, they sell a "box" and never mention "springs." I need a mattress and bed and box springs. So, I am not sure how things are sold these days. The "box" I bought was not soft, had no springs, just upholstered wood and way too expensive.

    Is the niece ready to start periods. My daughter was slug for a few days and sad, but not mean. I knew what was happening, I thought, so just went with it. I am not sure how old your niece is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not have the actual springs. This is metal with kind of an upholstered top covering that you add. My hubby thinks it is perfect. It definitely made our bed a lot more firm.
      My niece is 16 so she was just being a lazy teenager. She was complaining that she had to get up at 4:45 to come to my house. When it is that time of the month, you will know as she complains alot about cramps and being on her period.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. The contraption looks better than a box with no springs. I always wondered if springs were helpful. I was not sure how old she was. I would complain if I had to get up at 4:45!

      Delete
  6. Smart Classroom brings the whole world to your classroom with a single (finger) touch. In this way, optimal delivery of learning experience can be ensured by the instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. English Language Lab has a tradition of helping learners to improve their English, whether for work, personal enrichment or English for Academic Purposes (EAP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Secure your future in Australia with the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 through Way2oz. Live and work based on your skills and qualifications.

    ReplyDelete