Sunday, January 3, 2021

My 6 Goals for 2021: Week 1 out of 52


Happy Sunday everyone! Hope your day is going well. I have been puttering around doing this and that. Today is the last day of Christmas break for the kids. Back to school for them tomorrow. They are excited to be going back to school. Due to our quarantine, they missed the 2 weeks leading up to break so they are ready to go back. 

I am ready to get into some sort of routine/schedule. Yeah I know...I shouldn't be making plans because we all know we make plans and the universe laughs. That being said, I feel like I need to put down some goals/plans of mine so that I can stay accountable to some changes that I want to make. There are changes that are needed in my life and I want  need to achieve them. I didn't want to make a huge list and get overwhelmed, so I broke it down to 6 main areas.  

So my 6 goals for 2021 are: 

Lose weight. 

I am at the highest weight that I have ever been when I am not pregnant. I can feel it in my knees and back. I feel blah a lot and really have to lose weight to help get into better health. I did a TON of stress eating in 2020. It wasn't pretty. I am not ready to put on here what my weight is as I am ashamed that it is so high. I will weigh in each week and share my weight loss/gains. 

I plan on achieving this by making a monthly goal to help. January's goals are to limit myself to one pop a day and to exercise/ walk 4 times a week. Ideally I would like to walk, however it is January in Ohio so weather will be a factor. 

Declutter our house. 

It has become messy and full of stuff again. I am not sure how it got so full of stuff again. I am going to follow along with a 52 week decluttering challenge from "Snail Pace Transformations" blog. The author also has a Facebook page that is offering the challenge titled "Snail Pace Clutter Removers." 

Menu Plan, follow it, and blog about it. 

This month I am doing a low spend challenge and am pledging to use up what we have in our big freezer so that I can defrost it. I also made up a monthly meal plan and will blog about it this week. I want to make this a weekly post.    

Be more creative. 

I am wanting to do this for a stress relief more than anything. I got 2 sloth coloring books for Christmas and would like to get in the habit of coloring. I also would like to get back into painting a bit. This could also look like making new recipes in the kitchen, etc. 

Be Grateful. 

I love Anne's postings of her daily joys that she was doing weekly on her blog "Cooking and All that Jazz." I have a dollar store planner that I plan on putting by my bed and each night recording at least 1 things each day that I am grateful for. 

Show Grace. 

And finally, I have chosen a word for the year....GRACE.  I would like to offer grace to others and to myself. I find at times I have a temper and get annoyed at little things. I would like to take a step back, offer grace to others and move on. I have tried to put this into practice the last 2 weeks and I have noticed a difference in my mental state. 

So there you have it. My goals for 2021. 

What do you think? Any advice to help me conquer these goals?  

Did you make goals/resolutions/a list of to-dos for 2021? If so, please share.  

 


14 comments:

  1. Grace is a great word after 2020. Please don't feel shame at your weight-that might be the start of grace. Stress eating, cocooning, lethargy, all were part of last year. You were a creative mom and kept those kids exploring hte best of any mom I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! And you are right, I should start giving myself grace when it comes to my weight. It didn't happen overnight and losing it will not happen overnight either.

      Delete
  2. I rarely make a list of goals/resolutions, but as I am taking the Christmas decorations down, I tend to think about what I would like for the New Year.
    Fun piece of info: DD was accepted to be a Pioneer, class of 2025. She received a fairly decent four year scholarship. I'm sure they would give her a very competitive financial aid package, but M.C. is a distant third behind an in-state here, or completing her AA transfer degree at the local cc, and revisiting the application process then. She is still waiting to hear from one in-state school. As I predicted, with the scholarship, M.C., including room and board, costs the same as an in-state public four-year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe that my brother only has 1.5 years left at Marietta. It is insane. He has been doing much of his classes at home as he has had to quarantine 2 times due to roommates having COVID and then they went online for classes. I really hope his senior year will have some sense of normalcy.

      Delete
  3. I e lost 160 pounds over the last 30 months. Stess eating from a very stressful job and caring for elderly relatives was my reason for eating for comfort.sad to say I still have about 40-50 pounds I would like to lose this year. I’ve gone down about 6 sizes.....met the BMI to have one knee replaced 4 months ago and having the other one done in less than 3 weeks. Since walking so painful my weight loss has had to be mostly by diet alone. Don’t be ashamed....you can do this. We all handle stress differently......I could have used alcohol or drugs but I used food. I went into weight loss with no strict plan...just try to be good one day at a time, I did find that by giving up whit flour, breads, etc. I feel so great.....I try and eat proteins, veggies and fruits......I don’t feel deprived and now having too much fun buying new clothes!!!!! Hopefully by end of March I will be able,e to take long hikes like you post because I will have no debilitating knee pain . I envy that you are able to do that!! So you have a virtual partner if you want.....to encourage each other this year to lose 50 pounds! We got this......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Yes I would love to have a virtual partner! Great job on your weight loss so far. One of my biggest issues is snacking. So I am going to try to cut out snacking... and it is weird ever since my sense of smell and taste came back from COVID I haven't really enjoyed the taste of chocolate like I used to.

      Delete
    2. I have a problem at night. I am great during the day....find I need to eat most of food by 3pm as it is when I am most hungry. So might as well eat. But then, around 8p I feel like snaking. I try and eat good things like an orange or yogurt but really want chocolate. Hate those evening cravings. Have to devise a plan to work on this new change. You got this!

      Delete
    3. Have you tried brushing your teeth after your last meal of the day to symbolize you are done eating? I have tried that in the past with some success. My biggest issue is the snacking in the afternoon and when I am stressed, which seems like all the time. Lol

      Delete
  4. Those are great goals! I'm with you on the weight loss- a year ago at Thanksgiving I visited my kids in San Fran and had lost 10 pounds and was able to buy smaller jeans. Well, those are so tight now I can't button them and the larger sizes are tight in the waist too, UGH! So I've been eating the Mediterranean way since late December. That means lots of vegetables. I like grace- I can be a bit judgmental so every year I pray to lessen it. It's hard when you're my age with a lot of experience -73 years! Anyhow happy new year- you're a great mom and all those walks can only be beneficial to your health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nan. Yes my shirts and jeans are all too tight. It is not fun. Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  5. Great word and great goals! I need to do many of the same things as you. Please know you are not alone with your goals. I like how you broke everything down into 6 areas, very organized. I think you'll do great with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got th streaming Beachbody on Demand service -$99 for the year....tons of different exercise routines from low Iimpact to yoga and way too hard.....you don’t need much space or equipment and might work on those super cold days! I don’t do their diets or anything, just the workouts. Your kids and hubs might even want to do some! On the declutter thing, my goal is a simple “3 items a day” to either go in the donation bag or garbage. Each day I try to just find three things..... Sometimes it’s clothes, sometimes kid stuff, the junk drawer, or whatever.... Sunday I went back through our pantry (a lot more than three sadly)...but it helps just keep the clutter at bay simply and has since I’ve been a parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "3 items a day" is a great strategy for decluttering. I will look into the Beachbody program. Thanks.

      Delete