Thursday, June 17, 2021

The weather has been GORGEOUS!

 Happy Thursday everyone! How's your day going? Mine is getting an early start as my boys are awake and playing and being loud, so I am up. One of the joys of having loud, rambunctious boys! LOL Oh, well, it gives me some time to blog before I have to shower and give my nephew his insulin, etc. 



The last couple of days have been busy but good. I think I am finally getting into a groove with summer and figuring out times to do things. I still am pretty tired by the afternoon, but am trying to get by without a nap as then I sleep better at night. Instead I have been taking the opportunity to read out on the front porch and just relax a bit. The weather these last 2 days has been absolutely perfect for it. We have had temperatures in the low 70s, almost no humidity, slight breezes, the sun has been out...it has been perfect. (Today is supposed to be a little warmer....in the 80's...and tomorrow we are supposed to have severe storms...)

Tuesday and Wednesday I HAD to get the kids out to take advantage of the weather. Both days we headed out to the Brown Family Environmental Center to walk the trail by the river. The kids had a blast and didn't complain about walking (probably because we only walked about 1.25 miles each day). We found a spot where the river was really low and the kids were able to go down and throw rocks and have a blast. 











On Tuesday, Rebecca went to pick up what she thought was a stick and it ended up being some kid of jaw bone from an animal with some teeth attached. We are thinking it is maybe a coyote jaw. I told her it was probably uncovered as the Kokosing River is the lowest that I remember it being in a long time. 



Wednesday, after I had cardio rehab, we went back to the river to throw rocks AND we stopped by the gardens area to look at the flowers and see if we could find any frogs in the ponds. We saw several frogs and a tiny turtle.  









Last night I was pretty exhausted. I am not sure doing cardio rehab AND going walking was the best idea physically, but it did help me mentally. I have had the revelation that exercise at cardio and the walking is for physical health and being in nature is for my mental health. 

Today I am not sure what fun we will get into. I don't have cardio rehab today. I might try to take the kids on a walk, or we might just stay home today and get laundry and some household chores done. I do need to go get gas in the van. I also need to pick up a couple of things at Walmart but I don't know if I want to take all the kids. hmmmm...decisions, decisions....

What are you up to today? How's the weather were you are? Have you ever found anything while out on a walk? 

4 comments:

  1. It is good to hear you are out walking again. I cannot remember finding anything so spectacular as a jawbone with teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get out. My goal right now is 2 times a week going for a walk of 1 mile. Slowly, I am regaining strength.

      Delete
  2. I'm VERY jealous - we are 109 today.....needless to say, the ONLY time I will be leaving the house is to go jump in the pool!!! Nature really is so good for clearing your mind and soothing your soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 109! Yikes! That is really hot. Hope you were able to cool down.

      Delete