Sunday, June 6, 2021

One-on-one time with the kids AND family time!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day! Here it is HOT, so I am sitting in the a/c with the fan on. Bill is at work, Rebecca went to the pool with a friend and the boys are playing on the Wii so I thought I would take a few minutes to blog. :) 

First of all I wanted to address a question I have gotten from a couple of people. Why is Rebecca taking a summer gym class? Well, our school district offers Summer gym and summer health for kids, at an extra cost, if they want to free up time in the regular school year to take another elective. Ohio requires students to have a year of gym in high school in order to graduate. By taking summer gym this summer and hopefully next summer, Rebecca can take other music classes or classes of her choice in high school. Also, she really did not want to take the "traditional" gym class as she HATED gym class in middle school. So she is taking a 3 week class this Summer. This summer it is virtual, because they still did not know what the COVID situation would look like when it was time to register. Hopefully, next summer it will be back to a more normal class where she will be out doing stuff, like riding bikes on the bike path, bowling, hiking, etc. 

The last few days have been busy. Friday the weather the finally not raining. So I went to cardio rehab, where they added in 4 weight exercises for my upper body to go along with the 40 minutes of cardio machines. Then, I came home and told the kids we were going to take a walk. We went back to Ariel-Foundation Park but walked in a different part, stopping at the lake so the kids could throw rocks. The weather was a little warm, but the sun was out and it was great! There were a ton of people at the park enjoying the day. 








Yesterday morning I had a little bit of Mother/Daughter time. Rebecca and I went to the farmer's market on the square and got some yummy goodies, including a goat's milk brownie that we all tried. Everyone thought it was very good, and the boys only complained after they found out it was made with goat's milk. LOL 



After the market, we stopped off at Half Baked Cafe for a treat. I got a lemon square and Rebecca got an eclair. We sat outside at a little patio table on the sidewalk and enjoyed the morning and some cute birds that were fluttering about. 






In the afternoon, we headed to my mom and dad's house to celebrate my sister's 25th birthday. Her birthday is actually today, but she was going out of town. We had a cookout, where my brother cooked steaks, chicken fajita packets and hot dogs on the grill. The cousins all had fun playing a new ladder toss game and cornhole. It was a very enjoyable, and tiring, evening.









 

The boys were exhausted when we got home last night. Usually they are awake by 7AM but this morning they slept in until 9:30! We have been hanging out at the house. Rebecca went to the pool with a friend of hers. Bill is at work. I decided to have a little mother/son time with the boys. I surprised them with a trip to Five Below to get a pop-it (a fidget type toy that they have been begging for the last few weeks!) Then I took them to Round Hill Dairy for an ice cream treat. 




Jacob got chunky monkey ice cream (banana flavored ice cream with pecans and chocolate flakes).

Benjamin got strawberry ice cream.


I got Almond Joy ice cream (coconut flavored ice cream with chocolate flakes, coconut flakes and almond slivers). Ben ended up helping me eat mine as it was really too much for me, even though I only ordered 1 scoop. 


It was a great time and the boys were thankful for some special time with mom. 

We have another busy week coming up. Rebecca has Confirmation practice tonight and then Confirmation on Wednesday. I will be babysitting all week. I have to have bloodwork done on Friday. Never a dull moment around here! 

What is going on where you are? Anything fun going on? What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Have a happy Sunday everyone! 

8 comments:

  1. Cute pictures of the boys having some Mom time.
    Pistachio almond fudge or Graham Central Station

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really enjoyed the one on one time with me. What is Graham Central Station ice cream?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a happy and full weekend. Hooray for one on one time with your kids. We have some of those pop its at my work to help the kids calm down, I was playing with one on Friday. They're a lot of fun. My favorite ice cream flavor depends on where I'm getting the ice cream. From the store, mint chocolate chip. Out and about, cake batter and sprinkles. Really, hard to go wrong with ice cream. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of ice cream at home but love getting ice cream out of the house. LOL Mint chocolate chip is the favorite of Jacob usually.

      Delete
  3. Chocolate for me all the way, every time! It sounds like you are gaining strength and walking more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes chocolate is the way to go! I am slowly gaining strength. Some days are better than others. This week has been hard with being dizzy and feel like I took a couple steps back.

      Delete
  4. My favorite ice-cream flavor used to be maple walnut. Since I bought an ice-cream maker with built in condenser, I don't buy ice-cream much anymore. My favorite home made ice-cream flavor so far is peanut butter.
    Commencement is Friday, and the last day of school for my sophomore is the 15th, which, given the hybrid schedule, really means he only has four days left of school. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby loves peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. Yay for the end of the school year approaching. You guys can do this!

      Delete