Monday, June 28, 2021

Catching up....

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day and staying cool! Here the heat index got up to 100 today with very high humidity. It was a sauna outside when I left to go to cardiac rehab at 7AM this morning. 

Life has been busy, between cardiac rehab and just day to day stuff. I have also been spending more time reading books when I have been trying to rest and not much time on the computer. Let's see... what else has been going on? 

Father's Day was a nice low-key day. We hung around the house in the morning and early afternoon, then went out to my parents' house for a cookout. Bill said he had a nice day.





My week days have been spent trying to keep the kids busy. Lacie, my niece, started working a job through our county. As she is on the spectrum and is considered special needs, she has a job coach that comes and picks her up and she works 3 hour shifts at Pizza Hut. It is a great learning experience for her and will be a 5 week job. She said this past week, she did things like count out chicken wings for orders and learning how to fold pizza boxes. 



We have gotten the kids out a couple of times to walk in nature. We went several times to throw rocks in the lakes and river. We went to the path with the train, so the kids could climb on the train. 










I have spent some time decluttering. I donated a huge box of books to our local book warehouse. I also have given our nephew Ethan a bunch of books that the boys have outgrown or won't read. This weekend Rebecca and I tackled the "closet of doom." Rebecca helped me a ton by bring all the stuff out of the non-air-conditioned room and into my bedroom for me to go through. We got rid of 4 trash bags full of trash and 8 boxes of stuff to donate. 










This morning, I had cardio rehab, then came home so that Bill could take Jacob to the doctor and to the thrift store to drop off all the stuff from the closet of doom. It was so hot out that I decided it was appropriate to head to a local ice cream shop for an afternoon snack. Kids really appreciated it and I think Bill did too. LOL






Not sure what the rest of the week holds. Everything depends on energy levels and how I wake up feeling. What about you guys? Any fun plans? 


6 comments:

  1. Today, I received an invitation to a 4th party, a memorial to friend who held great parties on the 4th. So, that is something to look forward to this weekend. It is supposed to rain all week including the weekend, so this is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That party sounds like fun. Hope you are able to go and remember your friend. :) It is supposed to rain here for the next couple day after today where it is supposed to feel like 101 outside!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the pictures of your kiddos! You do an amazing job finding things for them to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! :) I try. It is hard with my health right now, but I am trying to keep them busy.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you are having a fun and busy summer. That ice cream looks delicious. Hope you have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete