Thursday, June 3, 2021

Let Summer Break 2021 Begin

Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is having a good day. Here it another day in paradise. LOL 

We are in the beginning stages of Summer break 2021. Tuesday I had my niece and nephew as my mom started her Summer job. I told the kids that I would like to get out and do some activity on the days that I don't have cardio rehab. So Tuesday we headed out to Ariel-Foundation Park to walk around the small lake and to get some of the energy out of these kids. It was our first official walk of Summer 2021. The lake was covered in pollen!






After we went for our walk, we had to stop by the high school to pick up a chromebook for Rebecca as she is taking summer Gym class. That class started yesterday! So she officially began her high school career. 


Yesterday, we didn't do much of anything else as I had cardio rehab in the morning and it was raining so my dad came and got Lacie and Ethan early, as he couldn't work in the rain. I got a couple things done around the house, but not much. I also had "A" both days. Each day, after she got picked up I went upstairs and fell asleep for about an hour as I have been exhausted. 

It is frustrating to still be tired all the time. Bill keeps reminding me that I am stronger than I was and that is progress. I hate being exhausted after walking 1 mile or after babysitting during the day. It is frustrating but at the same time I need to let my body heal and not be frustrated that I need to nap. 

Today, I have the kids. I am not sure what we will get into as it is supposed to rain off and on. Later, Bill and I have a counseling appointment-- I hope I can stay awake for it. LOL

Hope everyone has a Happy Thursday! The weekend is coming.... 

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you - ever so grateful that summer break starts at noon today! Woohoo! Here's hoping you continue to recover & get stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Summer break! Hopefully next school year will be more normal for everyone!

      Delete
  2. We have another 3 weeks left, and believe me, I am more excited than my student. He didn't have the most successful year, academically, but I couldn't care less given the circumstances. Their mental health is far more important to me. He has enrolled in a community college's dual enrollment for next year, saying if he was going to work remotely, he was going to earn college credit. Daughter graduates next week--they are tentatively arranging for a socially distanced ceremony, with 4 tickets each. The social media sites have already been abuzz with people offering to pay for extra tickets. Daughter hasn't even decided if she will go, (I seriously hope she doesn't) but I won't sell, or even give away those tickets, just because that's how I feel about the whole year!
    Why is your daughter taking a summer gym class?
    Enjoy the rest of your week/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is taking a summer gym class so that it frees up space during the regular school year for her to take another elective.

      Delete
  3. At least the stress of this incredibly odd school year is over!
    You really do have to listen to your body and let it heal in it's own time and way.
    I am sure things will get easier as they get your meds stable and your rehab underway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. I am hoping things will start to be able to be better physically.

      Delete