Monday, June 14, 2021

Cleaned up and Sprinkler Fun

 Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was good. Yesterday, we spent the entire day at home and it was GLORIOUS. I got a couple of projects done that had been bugging me with the help of Bill and the kids. Bill got most of the laundry done. It was a good productive day.


 

One of the projects that has been bugging me has been our front porch. We haven't had a chance to clean it up yet and make it usable for Summer. So yesterday I had Bill and the boys take all the furniture to the back of the house and hose them down and wash them with soap. It was a super warm day so they were dried in no time. In the mean time, I swept up all the birdseed that was on the porch and got spiderwebs down. After Bill and the boys put the furniture back on the porch, it was time to add some little touches. 




I bought a new tablecloth from Target for the table. I am still trying to decide if I should get cushions for the chairs or not. I added my fake flowers and my new Welcome rug and the porch is an inviting place to sit and relax. 



Bill and I even had date night last night on the porch. We ordered subs from Jersey Mike's and ate out on the newly cleaned up porch.



 

The other project was cleaning out my closet in the bedroom. It was a mess. I went through my clothes hanging in the closet and got rid of a big box of clothes to donate-- including all of my skirts (I found I much prefer dresses) and many shirts that were too short or that I just didn't like. It feels so nice to have the closet cleaned out and I am not stepping on hangars, clothes or shoes or stuff in the floor. 

After I completed these projects (which took me much longer to do than normal, but got done) I hooked up the sprinkler for the kids outside and we had fun time playing. Bill and I even got into the fun of it. It was a fun afternoon. 








Today, I have been to cardio rehab. I went to the grocery store after since I don't have my niece and nephew today. When I came home, I had the boys bring in all the groceries. I mainly needed fresh produce and Mountain Dew for Bill. Now I am typing this up, while trying to figure out what I want for lunch. I think I am going to make some tilapia for dinner tonight. That just sounds super yummy to me. I will have "A" here in a little bit. I also want to do a little more straightening up by my desk. Slowly but surely I will get things done. :) 

Any fun plans for today? What are you eating tonight for dinner?  

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got some things on your list crossed off. I need to take every single thing out of our closet and____yeah, I am not going to right now.
    The porch looks so inviting. I hope you get to spend a lot of time out there this summer.
    Water is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks great! Whenever you show pictures of your home, I always note what pretty wood floors you have.
    Fun for me today was going to the dentist. Dinner is panko breaded chicken, (frozen) steak fries, (frozen) and homemade coleslaw. On the way home from the dentist I stopped in a store and found apples for $0.29/lb. I bought about 3 lbs., thinking I'd make an apple pie tonight, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. (And that's ALL I have planned so far for the rest of the week's meals.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your porch. It sounds like good clean summer fun in the sprinkler. I actually am getting rid of some of the few clothes I own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The porch looks so pretty! Looks like you had a lovely day. I'm glad you had the energy to get some things done. Praying that you will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete