Saturday, June 12, 2021

Smores making, books, and being busy

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope everyone is having a good one. I actually started this earlier, then had to do other stuff, and am now getting back to it. The story of being a busy mom! LOL We have been pretty busy the last 24 hours or so. 

Last night we had a pizza and s'mores party for Rebecca out at my parents' house. We were celebrating her 8th grade graduation and her Confirmation. 



We had rain off and on all day with bursts of sunshine in between. Thankfully we were able to get a break in the rain and we saw a rainbow! 



The kids were thrilled that the rain stopped so we could make s'mores. My brother, who usually makes the fires, was out of town on a boys trip, so my dad got the fire going with his trick up his sleeve...gasoline. LOL 











It was a fun night.

Today, Bill had to work. Rebecca went on a girls outing with my sister, her girlfriend, my mom, and my niece. They took Rebecca to Hobby Lobby and Rebecca found her favorite store! LOL The closest Hobby Lobby to us is about 50 minutes away so not somewhere that we could visit weekly. They also went to lunch at Olive Garden and to Target. Rebecca had a great time. While Rebecca was gone, I took the boys to the book warehouse run by our local library. The boys got a ton of books and it was only $5 for a stuffed bag of books.



 

Today I have also been puttering around doing a few things as I am able. I put a load of laundry in and then have to sit for 15-20 minutes. Then I get up and fold a load, then rest for 20 minutes or so. I HAVE to get stuff done and it bothers me that the house is messy. Bill is trying, but as he is finally working full time hours it is hard for him. With the kids being home full time and my niece and nephew here things get messy easily and they are not the best at cleaning EVERYTHING up. There is just stuff everywhere. I am hoping that tomorrow I can get the entire family to help clean up.

How is your weekend going so far? Any fun plans for tomorrow?  

 

9 comments:

  1. Ack! Hobby Lobby? NO. https://slate.com/human-interest/2016/08/federal-judge-uses-religious-liberty-to-legalize-anti-lgbtq-discrimination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to pick our battles. Unfortunately for us all of our local arts and crafts stores have closed so this is the only option in an hour or more radius to us.

      Delete
    2. As a cardmaker, I cried real tears about 15 years ago when a local craft store closed, leaving us only Michael's and Hobby Lobby within a 30 mile radius.

      Delete
  2. I am planning to get a covid test tomorrow...fun time. Since you have five kids making messes, I would organize a party for cleaning, like a GI party. I understand having to sit and rest. But, I have no minions to order about like you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your COVID testing went okay. The kids do try to clean up but their idea of clean and my idea of clean are 2 very different things. LOL

      Delete
  3. My kids and I used to do this silly cleaning up routine when they were off from school in the summer: We would choose a TV program we all enjoyed. When commercials came on, one of us would shout a command to run or start or clean up or some such. We could only work as long as the commercials were going, then we had to come back to the TV. It was surprising how much could be accomplished in such a short time. That would give you a rest between short bouts of being up also. They still remember this. When they were really young, I pretended they had a wind-up key on their backs that made them go faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. Most of the time though we watch streaming shows with no commercials.

      Delete
  4. Hello! Congratulations to your lovely daughter! Such special moments in her life! Your celebration was perfect. We made s'mores around a fire this week too.I love them!!! Take it easy on yourself. I know exactly how you feel about not being able to keep the house as tidy as you would like. When I had each of my babies by c section, I couldn't bend over for a long time. I just tried to remind myself that this too shall pass. Tomorrow I have little to do except laundry and write some cards to send. And watch The Bachelorette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to remind myself that this is just a season in my life. I won't be like this forever. It is just frustrating sometimes. I feel better today as I got a couple projects done yesterday.

      Delete