Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Back to Reading again!

Happy last day of June everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful month!  

Personally, I used this month to try to get back into ways to relax. One of the ways that I have gotten back into relaxing is by reading again. I have been spending time reading out on our porch and in the evenings before bed. It is a low impact way for me to relax and after I started reading again, I realized how much I missed it. I used to do book reviews and got burnt out on those as I really love reading for pleasure and not to analyze everything about the book. Previously on this blog, I started doing posts about books I read for fun. I haven't done on of the these types of posts in over a year or more. I have decided to bring them back, as I like to keep track of what books I have been reading and maybe give others a new title to read or not.  

(Click the book pictures below to be taken to Amazon if any of the books look interesting. I am an Amazon affiliate, so if you click through these pictures, you could be helping me out although as of today I have never made any money through Amazon since I don't use the affiliation a lot.)

So what did I read in May and June?   




Read anything fun lately? 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found your way back to reading! Interestingly, I just finished a David Baldacci book this week. Had no idea he wrote genres other than the action/thriller stuff. Our library just reopened to go inside again so I'm excited to read "real" books again. Of course, they remodeled and I can't find anything but I'll figure it out :) Hope you are having a fantastic week so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will figure your library out. Ours just reopened this week, but I haven't had time to go. I have been to our used book warehouse though twice where you can fill up a large bag with books for $5 total.

      Delete
  2. I read too, currently reading the Seance by Heather Graham, I picked it up from the book exchange table while working at the local Covid Clinic. Also reading Run like a Mother (yellow cover) by Dimity McDowell & Sarah Bowen Shea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look at those. Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete
  3. Right now, I am reading The Bird Way, an amazing book about birds. Without even looking them up, these books all smack of Romance just from the covers, a genre I never read. What else have you read that you can recommend that might not be romance? I am glad you have gotten back to reading. Reading heals for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading the romance genre is an escape for me. I haven't read much lately that is not romance, but my husband just recently read "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. I love to read- so far this year I've read 67 books! It might be a record for me since I started journaling my books. I don't like mysteries or romance though. I am reading O Pioneers by Willa Cather now- a classic I read years ago in HS. I am also a member of book of the month club so get a nice hardback and sometimes a debut novel monthly. My library is open now and I always have a hold list going. All 3 of my kids are readers and youngest daughter got her master's in library science and briefly worked as a librarian before she had kids.

    ReplyDelete