Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Took the kids to the park...

One of the things on my summer bucket list was to take the kids to the park more (ideally at least once every 2 weeks). There are several parks close to our house and there is no reason I can't take them to play there.

Well today the weather screams "Go OUTSIDE! GET SOME FRESH AIR!!!" The sun is warm, but there is a cool breeze and almost no humidity! Perfect weather to play outside in!

So I packed the kids up and headed out to the park this morning. Honestly, I usually wait to take them until Bill can go too....something about taking all 3 by myself that scares me!

But not today!

Today I seized the moment and took the kids all by myself to the park.

First we went to the closest one to our house, which also happens to be right next to our town pool. There were TONS of kids there, all with their swimming towels, etc. I think there is a morning camp there for the kids before the pool opens. The park was crazy busy. The kids played for about 10 minutes, then I asked Rebecca if she wanted to go to the park that we usually go to? She said yes. So we headed back to the van and went to the other park that we usually go to....

When we got there, there was probably only about 10 other kids there....much more relaxing. The kids had a BLAST!!!

There was one part that you have to cross over and the poles move when you try to go across and Rebecca conquered that today! She was so proud of herself!



Jacob also decided that he *COULD* climb up and go down the slide all by himself! He was proud of himself too!


I spent the majority of my time watching the kids, talking to Benjamin, keeping Ben from putting the mulch in his mouth and just enjoying being outside in the sun!



It was a fun way to spend the morning!

What fun things have you done lately?

2 comments:

  1. We are parking it up over here as well! Good for you for getting out with all three! It is daunting, but I find that if I just go for it, I am usually glad that I took the risk. But I am also glad you nixed the crazy busy park for the other one, no need to challenge yourself in an insane way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad that I took the risk. It is just easier to take them all out when both Bill and I can be there; but I think I was using that as a crutch. I realize that as the kids are getting older and Rebecca is starting to get involved in sports and stuff that I need to get practice at taking all 3 out of the house by myself. :)

      Delete