Tuesday, April 1, 2014

John Berry in concert

I live in a smallish town. We are not the tiniest town in our county, but we are small compared to say Columbus, and many of it's suburbs. However, every once in a while it great because we are offered things that big cities might not get.

Case in point...On Saturday my mom and I got to go to a concert by a well known country star for FREE. In our community, they have a community concert series every year. This year the last concert was John Berry. At $25 a ticket, it was very reasonable.

BUT the Community Concert Association of Knox County gave the school that I worked at 20 free tickets to give to parents who wanted them. Well my mom and I took them up on the offer.


Saturday night, we went to see the show in the nasty spring snow storm we were getting. It rained hard all day long, then around 5 started snowing hard. There was probably about an inch on the ground when it was time to go. Thankfully, I only live less than a mile from the theater. (My mom on the other hand, had a 30 minute drive).



It was well worth it though. The concert was fabulous. And he seemed to appreciate that we came out in the bad weather to see him.




And after the show, he showed up in the lobby to sign autographs and take pictures with people. I got my mom's picture with him and I got his autograph.


All in all it was a great concert and a good time with my mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment