Tuna Avocado Salad (new recipe #7 of 2017)


One of the things that I would like to get done in 2017 is to try to expand our menu items. I have decided to share the recipes that I try so that maybe I can help a few of you out with some new menu ideas. I know that I get inspiration from other bloggers so maybe I can help.


I was doing really well with this in January and the beginning of February. Then life happened and I haven't really made anything new. I think that was because the temperatures got warmer (on some days) so I was able to make some things that I hadn't made since last Summer (like taco salad!). Now that I am trying to cut out some carbohydrates on some days, I am once again looking for newer low carb recipes to try. Last week, I came across a tuna avocado salad recipe that looked really good, and healthy. Since my dear hubby is also trying to watch his carbs, I decided to make this for us for lunch.

For the life of me, I cannot find the link that I used but here is the recipe I used. If you google Tuna Avocado Salad, there are a ton of different variations and recipes. The only thing different I would do is to add some diced onions or jalapenos next time, as I felt it needed a little something else to make it pop. Bill and I both had it as sandwiches (as it was a higher carb day) but you could easily eat it as part of a salad. 




Tuna Avocado Salad

2 ripe avocados
2 cans tuna, drained
2 TBSP light mayo
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Scoop out avocado and dice. Combine avocado with rest of the ingredients. Serve immediately either on top of lettuce greens or between bread for a tuna sandwich or refrigerate.


Enjoy!

If you make it, let me know what you think!

OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Southwestern Style Egg Scramble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017