Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017

So one of my 2017 goals is to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year. This is a necessity for me, as in the last few months I have gained 15 pounds. That is not good. I want to be healthier and feel better about myself. 

In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it and see how I did this past week, shall we?


SO HOW DID THIS WEEK GO??? 
My official starting weight (on 1/1/2017) was: 242.0 pounds!
My weight last week was: 236.0 pounds.
My weight this week is: 234.4 pounds. 
So a loss of 1.6 pounds! :-)
Total loss from 1/1/17: 7.6 pounds 

Yay! So happy to see the scale moving in the right direction again!  As I was reflecting on things that have to do with my weight, I was thinking about the things that have worked for me in the past and so I decided to give carb cycling a try again. I feel that I eat too many processed carbs so this way I wouldn't necessarily feel deprived. And I have decided I can't beat myself up if I have a bad day; I will just try that much harder the next day or the next meal. I went the store on Monday and got lots of fresh veggies and some fruit and I processed most of it Monday night so it is easily accessible and I have no excuses. Hopefully this will work!

I have also recommitted to walking at least 3 times a week. My brother has said he will walk with me and I can also make my hubby walk with me on the weekends so I really should have no excuse!

Altogether I am happy that the scale is back to moving in the right direction!

If you are trying to lose weight in 2017, how is your progress going?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome work! It's so challenging to consistently lose, & you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Rachel! And I love that you are recommitting to walking AND will get to spend some quality time with your loved ones in the process - that's a definite win in my book! Here's to a good week and weigh in next Wednesday! =)

    ReplyDelete