Monday, August 21, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 21st Edition

Happy Monday! It has been a few weeks since I have joined in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme so I decided to get back into the routine and join in again. This is my kids' first full week back to school so I am trying to start new routines and figuring out what our new normal looks like for now. I know that it will change but it is nice to have some semblance of a plan in place. 

I decided to start posting in this meme again, as while I am not your traditional homemaker since I do work part-time out of the home, I still am a homemaker in that I try to keep my home a place of blessing for my hubby and kids and friends and family. I found that this ties in everything that I need to plan my week-- to do list, menu plans, etc. that I can come back to in one place. So I have decided to keep up with this on Mondays! 


So without further ado, let's get started: 


THE WEATHER:::
HOT and HUMID describes the weather today. I walked this morning after taking the kids to school and the humidity was awful. I was dripping sweat by the time I was done. Right now it is 81 degrees but feels like 96 and it isn't even noon yet! We are supposed to get some severe storms tomorrow afternoon. Then starting Wednesday temperatures are supposed to be in the high 70s. Thankfully today the sun is out and it is only partly cloudy. I know my hubby wants to go out to see the partial eclipse that we will be seeing here in Ohio around 2:30.    

ON MY READING PILE:::

I just finished "The Buffer Zone Diet" (look for my review later in the week). I received The Two Of Us, The Rise of the Dawnstar, and The Last of the Firedrakes in the mail in the last week to review so I will probably start one of those later today if I have time. 


ON MY TV:::

Cleveland Indians baseball
Bringing Up Bates
Everybody Loves Raymond (I rediscovered this last week and man oh man there are SO many similarities to the show and our life!) 
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
SUNDAY: Homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken and rice 
MONDAY: Deluxe nachos (using up leftover taco meat from a taco party we hosted Saturday night with friends)
TUESDAY: Hot dogs, baked beans, salad
WEDNESDAY: Pancakes, bacon and fruit
THURSDAY: Chicken and Tator Tot crockpot casserole (new recipe) and green beans
FRIDAY: pizza and fruit
SATURDAY: ??? (Our Saturday plans are up in the air, so I am not sure what we will be having yet.)

ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: kids to school, walk, quick run to Kroger for tissues and castleberry sauce, laundry, continue to deep clean the boys' bedroom (I started this yesterday--trying to get back to decluttering mode), watch the eclipse with Bill
Tuesday: kids to school, walk, take Bill's van to dealership to see if they can fix it, meeting at school for 5th grade parent orientation
Wednesday: kids to school, walk, tutor in afternoon
Thursday: kids to school, walk, tutor in the afternoon, menu plan for next week and make out grocery list
Friday: kids to school, walk?, grocery store
Saturday: baby shower (not sure if we are going or not), take Rebecca to sleep over
Sunday: family walk 
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done.


LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It looks really good. The downstairs was deep cleaned on Friday as we had friends over Saturday night and a potential babysitting client over yesterday. It was funny Friday night my parents took Jacob to our local high school football game to watch my brother play and when they dropped him off at the house my dad commented on how clean the house was as he is usually here when the kids have toys and everything else out. LOL 

FROM THE CAMERA:::  
Jacob got to go to his first football game Friday night. My brother is the senior starting center for our local high school football team. Jacob was thrilled to go and LOVED seeing his Uncle Josh play. 






WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
pink striped tanktop, jean shorts and brown flipflops.

 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
having good friends who get me.

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::



So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Solar Eclipse Monday! Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! 
 

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE your inspiration - sooooooo true!!

    NOT sure where you are, but our weather is the same. I hate these triple digit heat advisories with humidity that makes you question whether you dried off after your shower.

    Great picture - so cool your son can look up to his uncle like that. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic inspirational quote!
    I know you have said your middle son is a sports fan. How cool is it that he got to see his uncle play!





    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I’ve heard of blogs. Great source of information worth reading on different topics. In addition, a lot of good tips. I think I will like blogging.
    Ethnic Wear For Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for your son to go see his uncle play football and great picture! Hope you are in the middle of a wonderful week, you sound busy, too.

    ReplyDelete