31 Day No Bad Food Challenge: Day 1

So day 1 of the no bad food challenge is over. And I did it. I did not eat any sweet stuff or junk food today. That doesn't mean the temptation wasn't there. Believe me it was!



Here is what I ate and what I was feeling:

8:45am  banana 
         felt like I needed to eat something while I was getting the kiddos their breakfasts

10:00 homemade breakfast burrito, strawberries, water
          Was HUNGRY and felt like I needed protien

11:30 decided to exercise. Did 25 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus, and 10 minutes on new Zumba game.

1:00pm  peanut butter and jelly sandwich, peach, blueberries, skim milk
        lunch time. After Lunch I REALLY, REALLY wanted a cookie. But I didn't.

2:30 iced tea, carrots, cucumber, cauliflower with dill dip
       Rebecca was having cookies for a snack and they looked SOOOO GOOOOD. Realized I was hungry
       too so I got raw veggies. Felt good for not caving.

5:05 REALLY wanted something sweet, but making dinner

5:30 1/2 pulled pork sandwich
        was waiting on Bill to get home, but was hungry so ate 1/2 a sandwich with the kids while they were
        eating dinner

6:00 pulled pork sandwich, cherry tomatoes
        still waiting on Bill, Was VERY HUNGRY so made a small sandwich and had 5 cherry tomatoes

6:30 pork sandwich, baked potato with butter, steamed green beans
        was VERY HUNGRY

7:00 was very, very tired. No junk food throughout the day has made me tired.

9:00 want sweets, am very tired, went to bed.

So, all in all I learned something. There are many times where I would just mindlessly eat junk because I wanted something sweet. That is NOT the best way to live my life. I also learned that I need to eat something about every 2-3 hours or I get really hungry. Need to plan better. But overall, I think I did pretty good for day 1. Other than being exhausted at 7:00 pm, there was no other side effects.

Got to keep it going for the next month....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017