AUGUST CHALLENGE: 31 Days of....
NO BAD FOOD!!!
NO JUNK FOOD!!! NO FAST FOOD!!! NO POP!!!!!
So I completed the 31 day July challenge of exercising every day. I did not know going in if I would be able to complete it or not, but I did. I exercised at least 20 minutes every day of July, with most days being closer to 40 minutes. I will tell you that by the end of July, it felt natural for me to exercise and I found I couldn't find excuses NOT to. That is what is the good thing!!!
But there was a bad thing....although I exercised every day, I also seemed to be eating more. Probably because I was hungry from the extra calories that I was burning with the exercise (and I was stressed) which leads to more eating. And I wasn't eating well. I was eating TONS and TONS of junk food. I gained about 7 lbs over the month...EEEEKKKKK!!!!!! I probably would have gained more if I hadn't been exercising.
Well NO MORE!!! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF FEELING FAT, BLOATED, NO ENERGY, and LIKE A PIG!!!!
So I am going to work on changing my eating habits in August. I am going to NOT eat any junk food, fast food, or drink any pop (even diet). I am going to go cold turkey, because trying to eat in moderation DOES NOT work for me. After years of being on one diet and the next, I have learned that moderation when it comes to sweet stuff does not work for me, so why should I beat myself up about it.
So as I embark on the next phase of weight loss in my life, I am going to be using the August 31 day challenge to kick start this program. I have a few goals for the next month as to what I want to see as a result of this challenge:
- I would like to end the month at 224 or less. Right now I am at 229, so that would be 5 lbs lost in 4 weeks. That is doable as it is 1.25 lbs a week.
- Continue to exercise every day. If I miss a day, I won't beat myself up but will just work on getting at least 6 of 7 days a week of exercise.
- Start a food journal: write down what I eat, what time I eat, and exercise
- Weigh in on the 1st and on the 31st. Stay away from the scale for the rest of the month.
- To not eat any junk food, such as cookies, chocolate, chip, etc. or fast food (no McDonald's, Wendy's, etc.) and to drink no pop (not even diet) for 31 days. Instead replace with fresh fruits and veggies and water and tea.
So there you have it. My August Challenge is 31 Days of No Bad Food! It is going to be hard, but I want to do this to be healthier and to break my sugar addiction.
So is anyone out there willing to do this challenge with me? Let me know in the comments! If you are, Good Luck!