Monday, January 23, 2012

Chinese New Year, Menu Plan, and smoothies

Happy Monday everyone! And Happy Chinese New Year!



Here is what we are eating this week. I make a list on Sunday of potential meals, then I pick one each morning depending on what we like to eat or what we feel like. It works better for us than trying to plan each day in advance.



Tonight in honor of Chinese New Year, we are having sweet and sour chicken and rice.

For the rest of the week our options are:

Chicken and cheese casserole
Pizza calzones
pork chops
italian sausage and pasta
hamburger helper
leftovers

For more great menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com



In other news, I am currently on a smoothie kick! I have been craving them like crazy. I had a Yoplait smoothie mix in the freezer that I made the other day and it was SO YUMMY!!!! My in-laws got me a Ninja drink maker for Christmas and it works PERFECTLY for my smoothies.



I have tried making homemade smoothies in the past but I never got the taste quite right. So this weekend I bought 5 bags of smoothie mixes from Walmart. They aren't cheap. Almost $3 for 2 servings. I bought a couple that had yogurt in them and a couple that was just fruit. Basically you put the frozen mix in and then add milk. That is way expensive for me. (But still cheaper than buying smoothies out).

Then yesterday I had an epiphany. I am going to try to make my own homemade frozen mixes. This morning I cut up 1 and 1/2 containers of strawberries and put them in the freezer to flash freeze them. I put a pint of blueberries in the freezer to freeze. I also put 2 ice cube trays full of strawberry peach juice in the freezer to freeze. Then I portioned out 1 container of yogurt into an ice cube tray to freeze. I am going to try to make my own mixes. I will let you know how they turn out.

Well I am off to get dinner made before I have to go to work. This week I hope to stay updated with an update on my pregnancy now that I am in the 3rd trimester (YIKES), 2 book reviews, a Bzzagent review, and maybe a couple other random posts. Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

1 comment: