Monday, October 7, 2013

The Miner's Lady by Tracie Peterson (book review)

 
The Miner's Lady (Land of Shining Water, No. 3)


From the back cover:

When Chantel Panetta's younger sister claims to be in love with Orlando Calarco, Chantel knows there is no hope. The Panettas and Calarcos have been sworn enemies for decades, and young love cannot heal the deep wounds between the two iron-mining families. Yet, unable to resist Isabella's pleas, Chantel agrees to help her sister spend time with Orlando...only to have a run-in with Dante, Orlando's brother.

Chantel can't deny the attraction that flares when she's with Dante. But when a tragedy occurs at the mine, is there any hope that the hatred that has simmered between these two families might be resolved? Or will Chantel and Isabella's hope for love be buried amidst decades of misunderstanding?


My thoughts:

Having read a number of other novels by Tracie Peterson and enjoying them, I was looking forward to reading The Miner's Lady. However, I was very disappointed in the story.

The concept seemed good, however, I felt that the development of the story line lacked a lot! I felt that the story started out very slowly and was very hard to become engaged with. I really never felt like I could relate to any of the main characters and did not feel that they were fully developed. I felt that the tension that Ms. Peterson was trying to show between the families was really non-existent and fake.

It took me a little over 2 weeks to read this book from beginning to end. Normally I will read a book like this over the course of 2-3 days. I just did not like this book. I never felt into the story, which was a shame because I have previously enjoyed Ms. Peterson's works.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book free from the publisher, Bethany House, in exchange for a honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment