Monday, October 14, 2013

Jacob's 4th birthday party

This year for Jacob's 4th birthday, we decided to keep things very simple and just do cake and ice cream with the grandparents.

I will admit that I felt a little guilty not having a party per se, with lots of food and lots of guest, etc. It was definitely different than what we have done in the past.

But you know what, Jacob had a blast. I didn't have to stress the night before about how clean the house is, if all the food was ready to go, etc.

Instead, our party day looked like this:

Got up (late in fact...45 minutes before we had to leave for church)
Showered, got dressed for church
Fed the kids, got them dressed for church
Went to church
Let the kids play on the playground after church
Let Jacob pick where he wanted to get lunch at. He chose McDonald's to eat at home!


Had lunch and watched an Avengers cartoon we had rented for the kids the night before.
My parents came over.
Bill's parents came home.
Had cake and ice cream.




Jacob opened his presents.



We talked and laughed.
Grandparents went home and I did a very quick clean up of party dishes and then fixed dinner for the family.
While I was fixing dinner, Bill played with Jacob and Rebecca with Jacob's new superhero toys!


After dinner, I went snack shopping for work and then we relaxed as a family.
Got kids ready for bed and put in bed.

Overall it was a great, relaxing day! Jacob had a blast and that is what mattered and I didn't have to go grey worrying about perfection in the party. It was simple and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment