Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Craft show shopping and walking among the leaves

Saturday morning, Rebecca and I had to get up bright and early to go help set up for a craft show that her American Heritage Girls troop was sponsoring. I helped them to sign in vendors and Rebecca helped some of the vendors set up their tables. 

At 10:30 we headed back home to get the boys as Bill had to leave for work. The boys were going crazy and weren't listening, etc. It was crazy and I knew it was going to be a day that they needed to be kept busy. So, we left once again, this time with the boys in tow, to meet up with my mom and sister to actually go to shop at the craft fair.  There was 28 vendors there and there was a good split between crafters and direct sales people.




I ended up getting a few things.  I spent $10 on a grab bag from a Perfectly Posh vendor that I actually knew. Inside was a lip cream, a sample of their soap, and the blue shower loofah thingy. I also spent $7 at the snack shack to get the kids some snacks and bottles of water to have while we were there. I also bought a little bottle of stress away spray for pillows for my husband (for $3) that was a blend of some essential oils (which he used last night and said that it helped him to sleep!). My mom bought the kids the bags of homemade caramels, the Scentsy bar in "Amazon Rain" scent, and the Tastefully Simple brownie mix. I was given the little owl hand-warmer by one of the vendors as I was sitting by the door when they were signing in and he asked if I was cold and I said not really, just my hands. He then came back and gave me the owl (he was selling them as well). So overall, I came home with a few things. 

After we left the craft fair, I got the kids McDonald's for lunch and we came home to eat. On a side note, I love McDonald's biscuit sandwiches and I am glad that they offer them now with their All-day breakfast menu! Yummy! 



After lunch, I decided the kids needed to be doing something out, so we headed out to the library to get them books. Rebecca LOVES to read and almost always has her nose in a book. Jacob loves to look at sports books and Benjamin loves "Thomas the Train" books. 



We got home about 5 minutes before Bill got home. After he got home, the kids were being crazy again and so I suggested we head out to the Kokosing Gap Trail to take advantage of the sunshine and to take a walk. 





It was a little chilly, but a lovely way to spend an hour crunching leaves and just talking and walking. We ended up walking a total of 3 miles! I will admit that Sunday my legs were sore in church. 

That evening, we had a rough night, with kids being whiny and irriatable and getting in trouble. They went to bed early and Bill went to bed early and I fell asleep on the couch watching the Cubs/Dodgers game. 

Thankfully, Sunday was more low key with church and just spending a low key day at home! 

How was your weekend? 
What do you do when the kids get crazy?

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to decide what to do when the kiddos are stir crazy. Usually something physical helped, but sometimes everyone had to go to their respective rooms and just have a chill out period. I will tell you this time is short lived, so even though it gets rough sometimes, just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete