Saturday, October 29, 2016

This and That

Life is moving right along. It has been crazy busy around here.

It is tournament time for high school sports so Bill is running here, there and everywhere. This has also thrown my schedule out of whack, but it is what it is. We've also been dealing with sickness off and on. Last week it was Jacob with the stomach flu. This past week it was me with the stomach flu. And today, Ben's nose is running like a faucet. Sigh.


The middle child (Jacob) has been getting in trouble at school, including a phone call home that he threw a block at another child. Sigh. His ADHD/aspergers is flaring up and we are not sure which direction to go. His doctors want to put him on meds, but I don't want to just yet. I want to try some natural alternatives. We are trying out some essential oils on him. And we also signed him up for wrestling at the recommendation of his doctors. We shall see if that helps.

The kids brought their report cards home and for the most part they were good grades so good things there.


We signed Rebecca up for basketball through the Upward program. She has gotten into the habit of not wanting to try new things and so we forced suggested she sign up. She resigned herself to that fact and so in a few weeks we will have a little basketball player.



Benjamin has fallen in love with building things with the blocks that come in the Jenga game. This is the boy who a year ago could not copy block patterns for his Occupational Therapist. He loves building towers and walls.  



Friday the kids had their fall parties at their schools. In the morning, I went to Ben's preschool party, where they sang some songs for the parents and then showed off their costumes. Ben was "Darth Vader" from Star Wars. 


In the afternoon, we went to Jacob and Rebecca's school for their costume parade. Rebecca was a black cat and Jacob was a baseball player. 




Speaking of baseball, I got to bed late last night as I was watching "The World Series." My favorite team all time is in it-- the Cleveland Indians. I have been wearing a couple of my Indians shirts that I have had since I was in high school this week. 


Last night they eeked out the win 1-0 and now lead the series 2 games to 1. They need 2 more wins to win the series. I am so excited. Go Tribe! 

Let's see... Today I am working on a little cleaning up of the house and just hanging out at home. We were invited to a birthday party and a fall fest party, but looking at our upcoming few months and I have a feeling that I will be longing for quiet weekends at home, so I declined both and am just spending time at home today puttering around. This coming week is a busy one, so I want to NOT have to worry about cleaning house, just maintaining it. 

Well, I think I need to get off of here and go switch laundry and do something else. Jacob also wants to play Uno later, so I got to get stuff done! Have a wonderful Saturday everyone and GO TRIBE!! 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment